The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Teofilo vs Authorized

Home Forums Horse Racing Teofilo vs Authorized

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    class tells
    • Total Posts 207

dont be silly george, no contest

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Why not throw  Holy Roman Emperor and Mount Nelson into the mix?

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Authorized. Way too much class. Teofilo was good and promising but no real turn of foot, he’d have kept gallopping but he wouldn’t have had the speed of Authorized.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

For what it’s worth, on my speed ratings, if he had run to his best figure (the Dewhurst) he would have won the Guineas by a length and a quarter and been beaten in the Derby by a head.

That’s purely on numbers, ignoring questions about whether he’d have had the speed over a mile or stayed/improved for the mile and a half.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

The answer is: we will never know.

<br>

Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

On what we know right now, Authorized would be the only choice to win such a theoretical contest.  That is my logical brain talking.  That’s only based on the fact that we don’t know nothing about the 3yo Teofilo and whether he will stay 12f.  We will also never know whether he would have handled Epsom on the first Sat in June.<br>I try to evaluate using what I know, and I know that Authorized won the Derby convincingly.  Whether Teofilo would have given him a race is a moot point really.  It would have been nice to see Teofilo in the race though.

Given enough incentive oddswise on any matchup, i’d go for Teofilo speculatively.  Only as a value punt though.  The reason I say that is that you will now be lucky to get better than 4/6 about Authorized now, in any race other than the Arc.  Teofilo would be worth a punt at the right price.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Considering that Creachadoir, Teofilo’s work partner finished a length behind the English Guineas winner Cockney Rebel at the Curragh, I would say with the utmost confidence that Teofilo would have won the English Guineas easily.<br>As for the relative merits of the principals absoluetly impossible to say, unless the unlikely happens and they both meet later in the season.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Its obviously very hard to say as 2 things authorized has over Teofilo already would be that he trained on as a 3 year old and he stays 1m 4. I think Teofilo would beat him over 10 furlongs but i cudnt be confident over 12.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

If they were to meet at Ascot in the KG in a match with neither running in the interim at what price would you bet Teofilo?

Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

No less than 7/2

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I was wondering that. I have this feeling that we wont

Question at top of thread is impossible to answer

psychosis
    • Total Posts 35

Has there been any news on Teofilo over the past couple of weeks?  I’d be doubtful if he sees a racecource again.  Even if we do, would his reappearance really be in the King George – wouldn’t a warm up race make more sense, with a view to the Irish Champion – Arc route in the Autumn?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I hope they do bring him back but if there are any doubts that he isn;t 100% there’s no way they will risk his juvenile record. He’ll still be worth good money at stud being europe’s top juvenile. I honestly think he’d struggle against Authorized though. Moreover, with the weight allowances as they are, I think the likes of Rail Link are going to struggle against Authorized…

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

In an interview in the Sunday Indo just two weeks ago, he was stating that it would be about 5 weeks.  

SHL

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

From the RP:

Jim Bolger, trainer of the sidelined one-time Derby favourite, Teofilo, paid tribute to Authorized on Sunday describing the colt’s success at Epsom on Saturday as "very impressive".

However, there was no talk of a possible future clash between last year’s champion two-year-old and the Derby winner. "This is not a time for talking about Teofilo. The moment belongs to Peter Chapple-Hyam. We will know more about plans for Teofilo in a few weeks time."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.