The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tazbar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Does anyone know if this one is likely to be heading to Cheltenham?

With the manner of his victory last time, and the runner up’s subsequent fair effort behind the 121-rated Coe, it’s safe to say he’s an animal of some potential over staying trips. He appeared to be almost laughing at his rivals last time, breezing over 30l clear of the field from three out and it’s my understanding (from media snippets) that he’s pretty highly regarded.

I’ve just been looking at the races he is entered in at the weekend and see that he could, potentially, line up against the likes of Hold Em and Blue Bajan. I am already quite a fan of Hold Em, as I have mentioned on another thread, and with Blue Bajan thrown in this surely has the makings of one of the novice events of the season.

Is there a chance they could meet in the Ballymore at the Festival?

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

I’m sure Reveley has said he’s the best he has trained.
    Hope he lines up at Donny tomorrow as it looks like being a cracking card and I’ll be there as well.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Backed him for the Aintree bumper last season and thought he was pretty disappointing. I think he needs to prove himself against better rivals – if he does obviously his price contracts on the other hand if he flops he is more than likely a non-runner – best wait in my opinion. Personally, I am not very keen on horses ridden from well off the pace and I can see his jockey getting ‘lost’ in a big field at Cheltenham. Different jockey but I still have bad memories of the shocking ride given to Ungaro in the Coral Cup.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Blue bajan just ran (and won) in the 1250 at doncaster. As a horse who I followed on the flat, its a bit disappointing to see him challenging another class4 novice hurdle and not trying him in something better, to be honest watching the race I thought he was fairly sloppy and thought he had to fight out that win and wasnt overly convincing.

The class 3 juv novice race at doncaster today at 305 had a fairly strong looking field all week but anything decent must be going elsewhere and it looks a pretty moderate field thats left.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Blue bajan just ran (and won) in the 1250 at doncaster. As a horse who I followed on the flat, its a bit disappointing to see him challenging another class4 novice hurdle and not trying him in something better, to be honest watching the race I thought he was fairly sloppy and thought he had to fight out that win and wasnt overly convincing.

The class 3 juv novice race at doncaster today at 305 had a fairly strong looking field all week but anything decent must be going elsewhere and it looks a pretty moderate field thats left.

Isn’t Blue Bajan the sort of horse who will travel better against better horses? Getting him to jump a little better would have been the objective today?

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I’m sure Reveley has said he’s the best he has trained.
    Hope he lines up at Donny tomorrow as it looks like being a cracking card and I’ll be there as well.

The Reveley’s said the same about Seven Towers a few years back who ended up running with near bottom weight in Earthmover’s Scottish Grand National and finishing near last………They also said the same thing about Cab on Target who while won 20 races was never quite reached the heights they expected. Both were backed off the boards the fist time they won if that’s anything to go by.

Maruco
    • Total Posts 28

Reveley has apparently said Tazbar will bypass Cheltenham and will head to Aintree for the three mile novice hurdle instead. Shame, I thought he’d have a big chance at the Festival.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

On refection I was really impressed with the way he won last time out. A mile short of what his trainer says will be his best distance I expect he will take all the beating in the world tomorrow. I was tempted to say he’s a certainty but it’s early and I haven’t had a drink yet :lol:

As this thread was dead I hope you don’t mind me mentioning Wichita Lineman’s LGR :wink:

Glad Jonjo decided to run him here as this 3 miles should be ideal.
    I think Lough Derg may go off like a bat out of hell but can’t see him getting away with it again……….think he’s performed his seasonal miracle and it’s past his bedtime.

Not too excited with Special envoy and as the money is down on Wichita Lineman for Chetenham time to stand up and be counted.

Horse is very well and this race is the perfect prep for him…..shouldn’t have too much trouble beating this lot at all. That’s the hope anyway as he woudn’t want too hard a race before the big one…….Cheltehham knocked the horse over the top last year IMO and Aintree was a bridge too far.

5/2 is a great price as far as I am concerned but who knows? too late as I have taken the 5/2 and 13/8 already just in case I take cold feet in the morning after reading someone elses opinion on here :lol:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

He’s looking a decent animal this one. Great to see the Reveley’s back with a real contender for major honours.

Definitely one to keep on the right side of.

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Impressive victory there at Haydock for Tazbar, really good performance.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Very good run that, looks a horse with a big future, thats a decent win at 2miles and 3miles now and looks to be improving.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Thank fook :lol: another winning day :) Pity Souffleur hadn’t ran better to give us a better idea how useful he really is……..wouldn’t be betting against him at Aintree that’s for sure

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Reveley has apparently said Tazbar will bypass Cheltenham and will head to Aintree for the three mile novice hurdle instead. Shame, I thought he’d have a big chance at the Festival.

I’d agree, but the Reveleys are increasingly trenchant about only running horses at the Festival if they’re serious title aspirants. Recent comments from Keith suggest that the family has become that disheartened by losing so many horses at HQ that they will favour plausible alternatives where they exist, and the Aintree contest appears to fit that bill.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I could almost have predicted we’d get at least one aftertimer, and it didn’t take much guessing as to who it might be… :wink:

As for the performance you really couldn’t fault Tazbar – he travelled and jumped well, and has beaten a very useful horse in Sound Accord (won well last time and is pretty well regarded). And I don’t think faster ground would hurt him either, so he’s a very exciting prospect.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5411

As GC says the Reveleys have long disliked the Festival and Keith was hardly complimentary about it when interviewed on RUK following Tazbar’s win.

Don’t think they’ve got over Marello’s dismal run in the Champion Hurdle following nine wins from ten starts, particularly as she then went on to bolt up in a couple of G2s

Odds-on Aintree for Tazbar I suspect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.