The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Talking through my pocket(slightly)

Home Forums Horse Racing Talking through my pocket(slightly)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Stratford 5.20

spent a good hour on this race last night,came to the conclusion was”OPTION MONEY”only bet of the day so went on my ”365 account” and put my max bet(£50) and took the 13/8

And i swear the minute the horse went out to 2/1 in the betting i knew i was done for and as sure as hell in my opinion the horse wasnt tuned up-the minute they hit the straight he went out like a light.

Hindsights a great thing but if the horse had been fancied then Mccoy would have been on it.

Sorry if this sound like punter taliking through his pocket post(and it is)!!!!

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

Was that the one they said went beserk on the way to post?
    May have been a bit too wound up! Thought the jockey was weak personally.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Ghost you should have studied the riders in this race before parting with your cash. McCoy was never going to ride this horse in a bumper. The horse is owned by wealthy amateur Barry Connell and he always rides his own horses in Bumpers. He has numerous horses with various trainers in UK & Ireland. He is a moderate rider and sometimes does ride winners as his horses tend to have ability. He had a nice priced first time out winner (Kings Theatre gelding) at Roscommon earlier this week. He is not a jockey to be backing at short prices.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Bluechariot beat me to it – Connell rides for Connell irrespective of where the horse in question is based. In the UK that means horses with Jonjo and Carl Llewellyn.

I don’t know whether it’s anything you could read something into, but most of his recent bumper wins have been on debutants – the specimen Bluechariot mentioned at Roscommon this week and Hellfire Club at Stratford so far this summer, plus Truckers Delight at the latter venue last autumn, all being examples thereof.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Was that the one they said went beserk on the way to post?

Yep, ’twas he.

I had a few shekels on eventual winner The Hairy Mutt today, having been present at Bonvilston in May where he absolutely mullered the opposition in his maiden point-to-point and exhibited a serious amount of late tactical speed in so doing. His Rules debut at Rasen since then had not put me off him enough to wade in again this afternoon.

Can’t say the rest of the day went quite as well, mind.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

The most interesting race of the day for me. Goes to show that our correspondents do get it right occasionally…

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Heh-heh, likewise, HJ! Did you get there in the end? I was going to pop in on my way back from Scarborough this afternoon but got ensnared in all the Donington Park traffic on the M1. Botheration.

Ah well. Fonters tomorrow will gladly do me for this weekend as it is.

gc
    (creator of a big-assed carbon footprint this weekend, soz.)

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

The maestro is in action today at Galway in the 18.05 Carrickmines, one of his other horses Truckers Delight runs over hurdles at Stratford

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.