The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Takeover Target

Home Forums Horse Racing Takeover Target

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

TAKEOVER TARGET’S future is in the balance after he cracked a cannon bone in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket on Friday.

The veteran Australian sprint star, whose rags to riches story has captured the hearts of racing fans all over the world, is undergoing surgery on Friday evening at the Newmarket Veterinary Hospital. His trainer Joe Janiak, who was a taxi driver at the time he bought the broken downand unraced Takeover Target for just AUS $1,400, was too distressed to talk. So too was jockey Jay Ford.

Takeover Target, whose 21 wins include the 2006 King’s Stand Stakes and seven at Group 1 level, finished a respectable seventh behind Fleeting Spirit, and it was only later that the injury, which is to his near hind, emerged.

Taken from the RP’s website. Let’s hope he makes a full recovery and enjoys the rest of days in a field somewhere with the sun on his back.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Hopefully we’ll get a positive bulletin from Adrian.

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

I hope he makes a recovery enough to star in the film based on him.

Couldnt write this if you tried though.. will the film end in tradegy?

I do honestly hope the horse recovers film or not. Its a rags to riches fairytale which rarely happens. Lets hope its a fairytale ending and he ends up in a feild full of mares.

Get Well Soon TT x

:)

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

When they said he was going to star in his own film my pessimistic nature feared the worst; get well soon Takeover Target, I want a Seabiscuit ending to the film, not a Phar Lap one…..

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1922

He has been retired unsurprisingly,but should made a full recovery.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

He has been retired unsurprisingly,but should made a full recovery.

That’s great news. Smashing horse.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

A great shame about TT’s injury, thank goodness it doesn’t seem to be life-threatening. Let’s hope he has a long and happy retirement.

His career has been a tremendous advertisement for the sport.

I’m still not sure about Russell Crowe playing Joe Janiak, though.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Sorry just got back from Ascot.

He was taken efficiently from Newmarket in the horse ambulance to Newmarket Veterinary Practice (run by Greenwood Ellis) and they inserted 5 screws in his hind cannon. Not spoken to Joe today but Jay
    sent me a text to say that "the horse is good and the vets are happy with him". Joe is going to give him a couple of months box rest before putting him into quarantine to return home. He’s been retired from racing of course.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.