The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Synchronised LIfe is so Cruel

Home Forums Horse Racing Synchronised LIfe is so Cruel

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1533

Synchronised sadly lost his life when a faller at Beechers.

Jonjo Rode Alverton to victory in the Gold Cup and then rode him in the National when he lost his life at Beechers

He then trains Synchronised to win the Gold Cup and now he loses his life at the very same fence

It simply doesn’t get any worse than that and no one will take it to heart more than Jonjo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 201

An absolute catastrophe. Surely the beginning of the end for this.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Easy enough to say now but the horse unshipping AP before the start was perhaps a hint that he wasn’t keen on the idea of running today. I’m sure his owner will seriously re-think having his horses run in this spectacle despite going so close to winning again.

Racing would be better off without the National.

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Its always sad and bad when horses lose thier life, but Synchro losing his life makes me feel physically sick.

A sad, sad ending to a wonderful horse. :(

• Total Posts 1533

Apparently Synchronised galloped away from the fence and his injury may have happened when he was lose.

Accordingtopete was killed as well

End the race? As I said before if they never ran another National as a true racing fan I really wouldn’t miss it one tiny bit.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Gutted also for According To Pete :(

The safety modifications haven’t done the trick. I’m very quickly falling out of love with the race.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Hopefully the one good thing to come out of these deaths will be the hastening of the end of this dreadful race

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

• Total Posts 1533

The more they modify it the easier it becomes and the faster they go and speed kills, simple as.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Synchronised sadly lost his life when a faller at Beechers.

Jonjo Rode Alverton to victory in the Gold Cup and then rode him in the National when he lost his life at Beechers

He then trains Synchronised to win the Gold Cup and now he loses his life at the very same fence

It simply doesn’t get any worse than that and no one will take it to heart more than Jonjo.

It fell and got up and ran on. On the second circuit, there were screens visible on the take off side of a fence – did a horse slip or come to grief prior to jumping ?

Very sad day and my sympathies with connections of those horses but hopefully racing will be stronger this year than last when the animal welfare activist groups coming kncoking

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

RIP Synchronised :cry: Should he have been allowed to run after careering about the course for 5 minutes? Should he even have been in the National in the first place?

Something you hear a lot is that a Cheltenham horse is not an Aintree horse, and vice-versa, and it’s not often disproved.

I am sure on the replay they said he got up, and I thought I saw him get up and run on. Am I mistaken? What actually happened?

I totally agree with whoever said that making it "safer" makes them go faster, and that is what kills them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

RIP Synchronised :cry: Should he have been allowed to run after careering about the course for 5 minutes? Should he even have been in the National in the first place?

Something you hear a lot is that a Cheltenham horse is not an Aintree horse, and vice-versa, and it’s not often disproved.

I am sure on the replay they said he got up, and I thought I saw him get up and run on. Am I mistaken? What actually happened?

I totally agree with whoever said that making it "safer" makes them go faster, and that is what kills them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2268

asolutely gutted :( the fences scare mem more now then they dd n olden days, does anyonelse thinkk that now wth teh runouts the fences like canal turn arent wide enough for a possible 40 horses, they all cram up and end up over and brining each other down

a sad day for racing

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Not speaking in hindsight, as I have always held the view that the Cheltenham Gold Cup winner should be kept well clear of the National.

Master Oats was the previous GC winner to run in the race.Luckily, he survived.

Sadly, Alverton, the 1979 Gold Cup winner – and ironically ridden by Jonjo – was also killed at Aintree.

It is very easy to see why the Duchess Of Westminster always stood firm against Tom Dreaper in not allowing her great horse ( Arkle ) to compete in the race.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

Absolutely sick to lose both Synchronised and According To Pete.

Having watched the re-run I thought the screens may have been up for an injured jockey, not sure who.

royal falcon
    • Total Posts 15

Nope – that’s it for this race. I’m not a fluffy bunny person, I have worked with horses and still have two of my own. Had a nice day at Haydock recently and love jump racing but I do not want to go to this race because I consider the level of risk far too great. I felt they were wrong to run Synchronised as he is not the ideal jumper for Aintree. Isn’t a Gold Cup enough?

Participant
    • Total Posts 7508

Absolutely sick to lose both Synchronised and According To Pete.

Having watched the re-run I thought the screens may have been up for an injured jockey, not sure who.

I think the screens might have been for Rare Bob’s jockey who got a belting from horses behind when he came down.

reetpetite
    • Total Posts 54

My daughter was at the Racing College with one of the girls who looked after Synchronised. She was featured on Channel 4. I was so thrilled for her when he won the Gold Cup. I can only imagine she is completely distraught after this awful tragedy :cry: .

After his shannigans before the race I was secretly hoping he wouldn’t be allowed to race. If only.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.