The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2440

No suprise to see Washington Irving now entered in the betting for the Supreme Novices after that somewhat facile victory yesterday at Carlisle on his hurdling debut.

This horse has mixed it with some very good horses on the flat in recent years, and could prove a very classy recruit over hurdles.

Interesting to see where he goes next.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

He’ll hack up in two more uncompetitive, soft-ground novice events before proving to be another waste of £300,000.

He was impressive on Sunday it must be said, but the race was an incredibly poor one and he’d have been by far the best suited by conditions. I followed Red Moloney off a cliff last season after effortless victories at Musselburgh, but won’t be making the same mistake with this chap.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Red Moloney has proved decent, losing ableit to a awesome horse in Zaynar, and Washington Irving has way way more potential than Red Moloney.

bees knees
    • Total Posts 16

stay as far away from ex flat horses of Johnsons such as washington irvine, they will win their little races in places like Musselburgh but when push comes to shove they ‘puke’ in big festivals.

• Total Posts 2184

Like Arcalis??

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

And Inglis Drever.

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

And No Refuge.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

None of Inglis Drever, Arcalis, or No Refuge ever ran at Musselburgh lads.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Just cannot get away from Dunguib for this and along with Big Bucks will be part of every multiple bet I have at Cheltenham.

Good again to see the horses trainer/jockey combination have a nice winner at Cork today, once again showing how able a jockey he is, I’ve no worries at all on that score with what I’ve seen..

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Yeah I am struggling to find anything to oppose Dunguib with. He’s streets ahead of the other irish horses.

Menorah looks the pick of the English so far, and the horse he beat a couple of runs ago, Ranjobaie, runs in the first at Plumpton tomorrow. He could be smart too.

Jamsym
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

Thursday the 18th of March tune in for the Dunguib show!

• Total Posts 2184

You’ll be about 48 hours late because he’ll be bolting up on Tuesday the 16th!

Jamsym
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

haha. bestbetting has the race listed for thursday 18th. Even better if its the tuesday as it means more money to gamble on the rest of the meeting after dunguib wins!

• Total Posts 2184

Yeah I am struggling to find anything to oppose Dunguib with. He’s streets ahead of the other irish horses.

Menorah looks the pick of the English so far, and the horse he beat a couple of runs ago, Ranjobaie, runs in the first at Plumpton tomorrow. He could be smart too.

Ranjobaie quite disappointing at Plumpton.

Interesting to hear Whodoyouthink might take Dunguib on in the Deloitte. I’d like to see some horse get Dunguib out of his comfort zone before he gets to Cheltenham and McKiernan’s horse was very impressive on Stephens’ Day.

The rest of our novices are all much of a muchness. The Future Champions Novice looked a really poor race and I doubt either Hollo Ladies or the Harrington horse are anything special. Sweeps Hill and Some Present have had ample opportunities and have come up short. Loosen My Load looks a nice prospect but the form of that Cheltenham race is quite weak I would suspect. The likes of Shinrock Paddy, Quel Esprit and Rite Of Passage are likely to be running over 2m4+.

shaund10
    • Total Posts 101

Lets say Dunguib wins his next race on the bridle also. What price do you guys think he will go off at the day of the supreme novices, provided he’s fit and well? I was thinkin around the 4/5f mark myself

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Dunguib to win Supreme Novices and any Irish-trained horse to win the Champion Bumper is 3/1 with Ladbrokes. Good bet in my eyes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Yeah that does look an interesting bet..

Can’t see Dunguib going off odds against, it will be the banker of many people to kick start multiple Cheltenham bets I reckon.

Can’t think of another Irish trained horse I’ve been this confident about since the great Istabraq won this race some 13 years ago and he went off 6/5. Thinking about that, I can’t believe it will be 13 years come Cheltenham time since Istabraq won….where the hell has time gone??

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.