The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Support the bookmaker who supports you!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Support the bookmaker who supports you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Just received the above-named leaflet from the Tote. It’s an offer for racehorse owners to enjoy ‘preferential’ terms for backing their own horses. The deal is:

1. ‘Exclusive’ telephone number to allow you to ‘get on’ more quickly
    2. Guaranteed to lay your horse to lose £2,000 at the best price offered by any of the big four at the time of the bet.
    3. 10% cashback off all pool bets.
    4. Entry into ‘prize draws’

3 & 4 sound like a complete waste of time. 2 sounds OK except the big four’s prices rarely differ by enough to make this much of an offer.

It’s 1 that makes me laugh however. How kind of them to offer to give you a ‘special’ number so that as soon as you’ve backed your own horse they are alerted to the fact and can alter the price accordingly.

I think I’ll stick to Betfair.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Is that 10% cashback off all pool bets or just the exotics? Does it include the win pool and place pool?

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Is that 10% cashback off all pool bets or just the exotics? Does it include the win pool and place pool?

Placepot, super7, jackpot, quadpot and scoop6. They even limit the duration of the ‘offer’ to all bets between 6th July and 4 th October this year.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I’ll have to buy another horse- I’d get the training fees back in Scoop 6 rebates!

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

You can get 10% cashback on scoop6 bets just about anywhere if you ask nicely. No owners badge required.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Give me a for instance Glenn? My bookie of choice for it Blue Square withdrew it without telling anyone after the last time we played, no-one else advertises it?

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Another example of what’s wrong with our system.

Roddy Owen
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

This could be interesting. My experience with the Tote is if I want a monkey or anything serious on one of mine or just one I fancy,at a published price,they keep you holding on for ten minutes,while your mobile looses signal,and then tell you they will lay you £200 at the price and the reat at SP. Rubbish firm in my book.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.