The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Superodds

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Superodds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hi Guys,

I’ve seen on here mention of the Superodds site on more than one occasion & have joined to take advantage of the sp plus option when I’m not betting ‘live’.

However i’ve just been looking at their betting slip prior to making a bet, they give you an option of backing at sp or sp plus.

(For those who haven’t come across them b4, the sp + option simply boosts a winner’s sp to the next level – 3/1 becomes 10/3, 4/1 becomes 9/2 etc)

Now please someone tell me am I being thick or is there a downside I don’t know about? Why would anyone, ever, EVER, want to bet at sp when they could have sp plus?????!!!

Don’t get me wrong there are many times I take a price hoping to beat sp, but it seems a nonsense to offer sp or sp+ on the same betting slip.

So help please – is there something I’m missing or are SuperOdds hoping that occasionally a rushed punter will choose sp instead of sp+ ?

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Nope- never worked it out meself either!

You’ve just got to be aware of it. To be fair the default setting seems to SP+ over SP, but you’ve also got to be careful that they’re not offering a price as well as that takes precedence over SP+. Unless of course you’re looking to take said price.

In the main though, despite the occasional very slow update days, I can’t understand why anyone would back with any other bookmakers if you just back to SP. With regards to payouts and customer service I couldn’t fault them (and no- I’m in no way connected to the firm!)

KM

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Can’t speak about customer service,payouts etc yet, and my main point wasn’t to push Superodds over other bookmakers, but to ask why they themselves offer sp & sp+ on the same event. :o

Anyway Km thanks for the confirmation that I’m not losing my marbles (not yet at least :biggrin: )

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Sorry guys this is now in danger of becoming a SuperOdds.com love in :cheesy: – but I’ve just perceived that they will also accept a bet place only! That’s very good and allows me to put on here a system that i’ve messed around with for a while now. Up ’til now I’ve only known the betting exchanges offer this.

(Edited by snowman at 10:30 am on Aug. 23, 2004)

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

A morning for apologies. Sorry I think I’ve got that wrong, don’t think they do place only betting, just that they insist on showing you the win dividend AND place dividend for each runner.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Geeez! Feel like I’m hogging the board today.

Right, they do accept place only betting, just not sure if it’s on every race or not.

Phew! :biggrin:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.