The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sunday 18th June

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Sunday 18th June

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Some very tight handicaps today. I’m always looking for value bets when I prepare my ratings, often backing horses rated a few points below the top-rated, but at much more attractive odds.

At York, I’m going for:

2.20 FLYING CLARETS, rated just a point behind the favourite, Abhisheka.<br>3.20 PRINCE TUM TUM, who is just behind Marshman. Efidium is also of interest.<br>4.20 FOLGA, top-rated.

Salisbury<br>2.00 DESERT ISLAND DISC, clear top-rated.

3.00 PIC UP STICKS, joint top with Malapropism.

The ratings have been doing quite well lately, which can be expected at this time of year with form and going settling down.      

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I though Fullandby shaped well at Musselburgh last time over an inadequate 5f. Still lightly raced for a sprinter he looks ready to hit peak form. Darley takes the ride who is 2 from 5 on him.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 12:41 pm on June 18, 2006)

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

The York placepot looks interesting today…

96 x 10p lines for me (£9.60)

2:20 – AUCTION ROOM, FLYING CLARETS<br>(The Godolphin favourite is promising but has a bit to prove in terms of form)

2:50 – FOLIO, GALLOWS HILL, ‘FAV’<br>(Hard to oppose the favourite but the presence of some interesting newcomers leads me to chuck in a likely improver with only one poor soft-ground effort in the book)

3:20 – PRINCE TUM TUM, EFIDIUM<br>(Trappy kind of race but these have conditions to suit – course, going, trip – and are guaranteed fit, unlike the narrowly rejected Neon Blue)

3:50 – PROWESS<br>(Slightly risky banker, but should be able to take a maiden like this on the form she has shown and probably getss the trip ok, whilst the Stoute horses are really struggling for form and Spell Casting looks a non-stayer)

4:20 – CONNECT, FOLGA<br>(Don Pele is omitted and I hope I don’t regret that as it would appear to have a chance, but this pair both have course form and a fast-ground preference, with the Tompkins runner potentially a lot better than it showed last time and usually best when relatviely fresh)

4:50 – ZEYDNAA, REMINISCENT, DANZATRICE, BEST PORT<br>(A pretty wide open race as I see it, so the shortest priced runners are opposed with a quartet of possibles at slightly bigger odds. Danzatrice could well improve at the trip, Zeydnaa may still be on the upgrade, Best Port is a bit long in the tooth but has run tons of good races over staying trips on fast ground, whilst Reminiscent just looks too big at current prices and has a squeak. I have combined these last race selections in 30p exacta  & 10p tricast combs! That’s confidence for you…)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.