Stayers Hurdle 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 Stayers Hurdle 2018

This topic contains 300 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  moehat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 301 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Supasundae for me here. He has looked good so far.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

What were you doing Joe?

value is everything
    viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

I suppose it must be some horse to win this off a year against Supasundae.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Mullins does better with his horses after a long lay off than otherwise. Seems to be able to pump them up from a good way out.

value is everything
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Oh dear Oh dear, what was Joe Colliver thinking :unsure:
    This turned into a sprint from 2 out when they should have
    been well thinned out by then. Perhaps Penhill would have won
    anyway, but I think Joe will not like watching this tonight,
    no doubt with his head in his hands.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Well done to Steeplechasing. Some call, that.

Daryl Jacob sums up my thoughts when he described the race as “The biggest balls of a race I’ve ever ridden in”.

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1044

Cheek of that photographer in the Palace hat though!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Mark, I was hoping The New One would win as I’d had a few quid at 65 and down, but looks like I got him wrong on the stamina front and fair play to those who doubted his stamina, especially Lost Soldier who was rightly emphatic about it.

AS to Penhill, he certainly travelled like a plot horse! Backed him at 8s, fortunately BOG.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

To be fair, I’m not sure TNO’s stamina ever got tested in a race ran that slowly. :wacko:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Mullins does better with his horses after a long lay off than otherwise. Seems to be able to pump them up from a good way out. 😉

Yes GT, must be nothing to do with being a good trainer, having sympathy with his horses and knowing how much training and racing each will withstand, choosing excellent work riders and having good buyers and high spending owners and retaining good jockeys. Obviously he is just pumping them full of drugs. Did you see Penhill? Like a Belgian Blue bull right? Looks really pumped doesn’t he?

I know it’s important to have an enquiring mind and no trainer is above having to abide by the rules but why assume he’s doping just because he wins? When Nicky Henderson wins a big race after a horse has had a layoff are you going to point the finger as well?

Oh and putting a wink emoticon on your post doesn’t make it just cheeky bantz.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Ha! Mark, I just realised it was Joe Colliver you meant! Lad got it badly wrong, but he won’t be the first lower division jock to let the festival pressure get to him.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Well done Joe and Steve, a nice touch landed by you both :good:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Yes GT, must be nothing to do with being a good trainer, having sympathy with his horses and knowing how much training and racing each will withstand, choosing excellent work riders and having good buyers and high spending owners and retaining good jockeys. Obviously he is just pumping them full of drugs. Did you see Penhill? Like a Belgian Blue bull right? Looks really pumped doesn’t he?

Did I say that?

value is everything

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

You implied it.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

When Nicky Henderson wins a big race after a horse has had a layoff are you going to point the finger as well?

Does Henderson?
    As you point out “a big race”, when it happens now and again it’s believable that the trainer is not doing anything others aren’t. However, when the overall strike rate with those after long lay offs is apparently so good compared to other trainers, he must be doing something others aren’t. Something totally legal of course. :yes:

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 301 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.