The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fighting Fifth 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Fighting Fifth 2010

Viewing 3 posts - 35 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I wish people would stop focusing on Binocular’s supposed lack of fitness; yes, there’s every chance he wasn’t fully wound up yesterday, but the same is true of both Starluck and Peddlers Cross. Indeed, Donald McCain’s horses have been improving markedly for their reappearances.

And it shouldn’t be forgotten that yesterday’s race suited Starluck and Binocular far more than it did the winner; he won in spite of conditions favouring strong-travelling speed horses (the aforementioned pair both looked like going past him at one stage, but ultimately never get close).

This horse is different gravy and Binocular’s going to have to find plenty on the Fighting Fifth form to win at Cheltenham.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Wouldn’t get too carried away with the form, personally.
    Ignore Bincular’s run altogether for form purposes, and the winner was driven out to beat a horse who finished 12l adrift in last season’s Champion. Not to forget that Go Native won this far easier last season, and went off fav for the big one, but all he saw was Binny’s tail in the distance.

You are forgetting one thing Reet, Starluck on a flat track like Newbury is a different propstion and doesn’t get the trip out in a fast run race at Cheltenham.

You know howm much I have supported Binocular since his first ever win but I if Peddlars Cross and Hurricane Fly turn up 100% on the day he’s going to be hard pushed to hold on to his crown.

• Total Posts 128

Wouldn’t get too carried away with the form, personally.
    Ignore Bincular’s run altogether for form purposes, and the winner was driven out to beat a horse who finished 12l adrift in last season’s Champion. Not to forget that Go Native won this far easier last season, and went off fav for the big one, but all he saw was Binny’s tail in the distance.

You are forgetting one thing Reet, Starluck on a flat track like Newbury is a different propstion and doesn’t get the trip out in a fast run race at Cheltenham.

You know howm much I have supported Binocular since his first ever win but I if Peddlars Cross and Hurricane Fly turn up 100% on the day he’s going to be hard pushed to hold on to his crown.

Agree with you 100% on this. I think Hurricane Fly has already shown that when fully fit, he’s the best around. It’s just a case of fingers crossed, and pray he turns up ok on the day!! Some may laugh at me, but I cannot discount Go native based on one bad run last season. We must remember he beat everything put in front of him before his eclipse at Cheltenham, and as he won the Supreme the year before, we know he acts round there, there must’ve been something amiss with him, and Im prepared to forgive him. But at this point, I can’t see past the ‘Fly’ as the winner.

Viewing 3 posts - 35 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.