The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

staking plans – which one?

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems staking plans – which one?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

Im going to start using a staking plan on the run up to christmas. Im not going to have a big bank £100-200.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best plan to use? I m thinking of a % staking plan but thought I’d ask some of the more experienced people on here.

If anyone could help with how to put a plan into a spreadsheet or if there is a template available I’d be greatful of any assistance

cheers

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

I’m experimenting with this one. http://www.valuechecker.co.uk/bet/stakes.php
    I’ve modified it somewhat. I type in 100 bank. Percentage chance of winning for me is the LOWEST odds on offer. Best odds for me would be BOG on Oddschecker but I actually get better on b/f. My stake would be 50% of suggested stake. Adjust according to ACTUAL bank.

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

I’ve read a little on this type of staking plan, not sure if it will wipe out my bank to early as Im not wholly convinced by assessing the the probability of winnning. food for thought though

• Total Posts 1451

I offer no advice except to say that in my experience this has been as good a profit enhancing plan as any that I am aware of, simple and effective.

Staking Plan

Aim to win 1 point on each selection. Stakes are increased from 1 in progression by 1 for either winners or losers until the due column has been reduced to nil, except that such stake will never be more than 1 point greater than the outstanding due column. When a winner is backed the due column is reduced by the number of points won, minus 1.

ODDS__STAKE__LOST__WON___DUE
    6/4_____1______________1.5_____0
    Lost____ 1_______1_____________2
    6/4_____2______________3_______0
    Lost____1________1_____________2
    Evens___2______________2______1
    Evens___2______________2______0

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

cheers formath, this looks rather interesting, I might see if I can put this into some form of spreadsheet.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

OFO .. what you do with your hard earned cash will depend on how you play the game. How often do you expect to win and how many bets you have a day?

If you have a job to do, like me, you might want to restrict your betting to one bet a day. This is what I do .. unless its a day like today and I won’t be having a bet at all.

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

Hi Dave, unfortunately I have a day job so I probably have 1-2 bets per weekday and usually 4-5 at the weekend and even then I try to keep my bets to better classification of races/big money races.

Plenty of people have talked about using a staking plan and I thought I might give it a try as well a keeping a decent record of my selections

maggsy
    • Total Posts 71

Yes you must keep a record of your bets then when you know what your strike rate is and average price winner you can then decide which staking plan is best for you.

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

tried putting the formath’s plan into a spreadsheet but alas it was too much for me, might have to do this one on a manual basis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.