The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stage 2: Knowledge is a Virtue

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Stage 2: Knowledge is a Virtue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 70

This thread is used in conjunction with Stage 1: The Trench & Art of Mining.

We’ve come from the battlefield bruised with eyes that can barely resemble an spatial stability in our foveal vision, hands that have been battered into the ground and

Having washed the dirty of our backs, cleansed our souls it’s time to open up the small package that we’ve brought back to the table, unravel the scrolls of information embedded in our memories from traumatic days at work.

Putting on our suits styling new hair cuts and a smell of fresh summer air, now all the hard work is done we are walking machines of information to take to the bank and cash in what’s rightly ours.

Bank: £10,000

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"We’ve come from the battlefield bruised with eyes that can barely resemble an spatial stability in our foveal vision, hands that have been battered into the ground"

You just got back from Glastonbury Bruce? I’m looking forward to seeing Tenacious D myself! :lol:

• Total Posts 614

Someone contact the child support agency. Graham Cunnigham’s secret love child is making threads on here. The bill could run into thousands.

• Total Posts 70

200 SALISBURY

The winner for me looks like

JONTLEMAN

who was caught up in the rear on debut when things didn’t go to plan and showed a willing attitude to come through advantaged front runners at the finish.

350 LINGFIELD

There’s only one horse for me in this race

SACROSANCTUS

for Scott Dixon who has his 4-yo son of Sakhee in blistering form after running a exhilarating race on Derby day when setting a strong pace and finishing in a strong time fending off all challenges bar the late effort from Lu Rei.
    The horse is stepping up to 7f today back on the All Weather where he’s attempting his first run at Lingfield which could really suit after his exploits at Epsom and if he gets a soft lead out in front then it’s all but one in the bag for Silvestre De Souza.

435 SALISBURY

This tricky event has seen Andrew Balding’s

ROCKY REEF

catching my eye in a race that could throw up a right strange result but looking back at this horses run at Kempton he was caught off a tactical pace finding himself last at one point before staying on strongly and it has to obtain some level of ability after that given that they never really quickened strongly which you’d expect off slow fractions meaning he’s run really well.
    The key to this horse is whether he gets a strong pace or not and being caught back to back in slow races over a mile I think Andrew has taken a daring step back to a sprint trip in order to find some pace to travel off whilst finding himself slipping down the weights it may be a case that he rattles home strongly.

It’s also interesting to see the horse running right handed again having seen his only attempt right handed being that sole run at Kempton and has shown he can quicken in this sort of ground too.

£50 each-way Treble

(Rocky Reef, Sacrosanctus & Jontleman)

£100 win

– Sacrosanctus @ 6/1 (BET365)

£50 each-way

– Rocky Reef @ 9/1 (BET365)

£100 win

– Jontleman @ (Waiting Morning Price)

• Total Posts 70

340 YARMOUTH / NEW LEYF

Going back to his Ascot run when caught behind a steady pace that quickened strongly, Ed Walker’s 6-yo managed to find an extra stride within his group when comfortably moving past horses until finding no extra in the last 100 yards and this should be an easier test over the straight 6f back on good ground dropping down in class.

350 HAYDOCK / ITTIRAD

Long break since 4th in City Sunurban which was run in a fast time with the form working out well, stepping up in trip of a fair mark he should be the one to beat.

420 HAYDOCK / THE OSTEOPATH

The obvious selection but sometimes overlooked although the Handicapper could have helped him today his effort last time out was still commendable and looks in good health.

650 HAMILTON / BLUES JAZZ

Really caught my eye this horse when trapped behind a steady pace at Haydock as the leaders quickened clear leaving those in behind disadvantaged, Dale Swift wasn’t hard on the horse who was off the bridle early seemingly needing a stronger pace and he picked it up towards the finish when the race was quickening although the race was over by then.
    I know the horse stayed on strongly but they were wrong to step him up in trip last time out as the race wasn’t to suit at Haydock plus the underfoot conditions today will only play to his strengths with Julius Geazer & Hopes ‘N Dreams going to ensure it’s a true test of stamina.

£25 Eachway 4-Fold

(Blues Jazz, The Osteopath, Ittirad & New Leyf)

£50 Eachway

– Blues Jazz @ 14/1

£50 Eachway

– New Leyf @ 7/1

£100 Win

– Ittirad @ 7/2

£50 Win

– The Osteopath @ 5/1

£100 Win

– Dreamily @ 8/1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.