The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stable Stars Competition…….or not

Home Forums Racing Competitions Stable Stars Competition…….or not

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Bit of a shocker 🙁 :unsure:

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your email, unfortunately the Stable Stars competition will not be running for this season. We would like to thank you for your previous involvement in the game and also for your detailed insights below. We will look into these if the game is to return in the future.

All the very best,

Stable Stars Team

I was really looking forward to that, has someone forgot to set their alarm clock for getting it in
    order? Did my email give someone a jolt but it was too late to get it in order :unsure: . It wasn’t for the lack of numbers last year as it was very heavily subscribed. Not a lot I can say, except Bugger 🙁

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Double bugger. That comp was so much fun, I’d be chewing over my potential changes all week. I liked the TRF thread on it and lots of us did pretty well especially Mike, and we did well as a team considering we’re a big motley crew.

Maybe it wasn’t financially viable or something. Ah well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

I was looking forward to it too Green, no mention on their site as to why it was pulled. You
    might be right about the finance aspect, if that is the case I don’t know why they don’t charge
    a tenner to enter, I reckon they would still get a large number of entries. As you say, ah well :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Just when my log in was all up and running smoothly
    I agree that the admin was probably a headache for them but as you say BigG a small charge to the numbers that play would have seen them rolling in it even if they lost 50% of entries

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

That’s a pain.

My GF will be happy though!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Lol Jack, well at least someone came out of it smiling :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16291

That’s a real shame Graham when it had such a following.
    I think a tenner to put up a team would be a great idea perhaps with a portion going into Racing Welfare, Injured jockeys or the like.

Leagues should all consist of 10 players so we could have TRF 1,2,3 etc and then it really would be a fair playing field, no transfers in after the start date.

Can’t see why that wouldn’t work, ATR happy, :yes: Racing Welfare happy :yes: and all us compy heads on TRF over the moon :yes: although Jack might have to find a new girlfriend 😉
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Probably something to do with ATR not existing after this year, changes to Sky Sports Racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

Just been looking at the rules what the hell did this mean exactly with reference to Bonus Races ?

“The amount of prize money awarded to the winner of the bonus race does not change the amount of points gained for having the winner in your stable.”

Did the winner receive 50pts for it being a bonus race plus 30 pts for being a winner or just 50pts instead of 30pts or something else ?

How many horses were in the two lists (Elite and Main) ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Hi DG, we’ve scratched our heads many a time with this competition, you would need to be a Philadelphia
    lawyer at times. I think what they mean, or my take on it, is that there are points awarded for races
    depending on the value of the race, ie 12 points for races between £10,000 – £14,999 and so on up to
    £30,000 – £33,50 or higher for 30 Points. The winner of a bonus race gets 50 points, regardless if the
    bonus race fits into the top value bracket, ie 30 points, which generally they do, or a lower value bracket,
    the bonus points don’t alter. They award 50 points regardless of value of the race.

Admittedly they could have explained it a little clearer, it does need reading about 15 times before
    getting your head round it :wacko:

AS for the Elite and Main horses, your stable would have 2 Elite horses and 10 Main horses. I think
    there was a choice of 8 Elite horses to choose from, and just about everything running for the Main
    section. It’s a pity it wasn’t running this year, you may have a point with the changes ahead from
    ATR to Sky. Perhaps they will have it up and running next year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Just an update for those that competed in the competition previously and would be interested
    in having another bash at it. For those that aren’t aware, it was a competition run by ATR
    over the jumps season. Players picked a stable of 10 horses, and weekly swaps could be made.
    A decent prize of £8,000 to the winner, and some smaller prizes were up for grabs. The competition
    ran for 3 years, but last year, when there was no sign of it, I contacted them and was told that the
    2018/2019 competition was a non runner. I think the competition was well received in here, and we had
    a good TRF league of over 50 last time out. I contacted ATR asking what the position was for season
    2019/2010, and received the following from Mathew Taylor, whom we had previously been in touch with
    and kicked around a few ideas when the competition was first introduced ………………….

Hi Graham,

Good to hear from you – your email was forwarded on to me.

It’s always good to get feedback and I’m both glad that you and the other TRF members enjoyed Stable Stars and also sad to hear that you are missing it this season.

The problem we had was that at the 11th hour one of our key suppliers that made the competition happen told us that they wouldn’t be able to offer the service this year. This was really disappointing especially as it didn’t give us enough time to come up with a replacement.

Getting the competition back for next season is something that is on my priority list, but at this stage I can’t say for sure that we’ll be able to find a suitable supplier. Hopefully we will.

Best wishes,

Matthew Taylor

Director of New Media and Innovation

AtTheRaces

Hopefully Mathew can secure another supplier and all going well we might get a shot
    at it later in the year :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16291

Great work Graham and thanks for all your time and effort in looking into this and keeping it in the forefront of the minds of the organisers :good:

Look forward to hearing that the ATR Stable Stars will be returning..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Thanks for the update, hope they can get it sorted for next year…I miss it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Well done Graham. Good to know they haven’t given up on it altogether

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Cheers all, if they have a will to do it I’m sure they can make it happen :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Tell him to do a flat one BigG… :good:
    and why is it ATR? when my tv says it’s SkySportsRacing tut tut

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Wish I had the influence to “tell him” to do a flat one too Nath, I think I’d get a flea
    in my ear and shown the door smartish. It’s a good idea though, hopefully we can get the
    jumps competition back first, and if we do I’d be up for suggesting to Mathew that a flat
    one would go down well too.

I’m not sure how the takeover will work, and if areas, such as the ATR web site, will keep
    their name as they are a well known brand. A rose by any other name…. :rose:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.