The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Spring horse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

One that may be worth putting in your notebook from Saturdays card at Worcester is Romantic Hero. The money was down early for this one but it was withdrawn due to unsuitable ground not long before the meeting started.

A quote from one of his earlier races “He jumped pretty well for me and I couldn’t believe we were so far clear down the far side, but he’s a spring horse and the step up to three miles also seemed to help. – Andrew Thorntonâ€ÂÂ

bampi
    • Total Posts 199

entered in 3-20@plum on 18th<br>3m2f handicap chase class E

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Thanks for the info bampi:)

jairducochetfan
    • Total Posts 139

Looks an interesting type, thanks Scotia.

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Down to run on Monday Towcester 25/04/2005<br>2.40 Weatherbys Insurance Handicap Chase (Class E)

Also noted that AP has been booked.

WATCH THE MARKET<br>

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

<br>Runs Monday with AP in the saddle has a big chance according to the RP.

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Withdrawn again.<br>Lots of non-runners at the meeting after the forecast heavy rain missed the course, leaving the ground officially good to firm.<br>

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

2 more entries. wiil they find the going they need??

Entered in the following races :- <br> 3 May 2005 3:40  (Four Day) at LUDLOW, Wood Brewery Silver Jubilee Handicap Chase (Class E)

5 May 2005 3:10  (Five Day) at NEWTON ABBOT, 10th May Is "Landlords & Publicans" Night Handicap Chase (Class E) <br>

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Latest entries<br> Entered in the following races :- <br> 5 May 2005 3:10  (Four Day) at NEWTON ABBOT, 10th May Is "Landlords & Publicans" Night Handicap Chase (Class E) <br> 8 May 2005 5:00  (Five Day) at UTTOXETER, Sir Stanley Clarke Staffordshire Chase (A Handicap) (Class E) <br>

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Newton Abbot waterlogged so if the horse runs in the next few days it will be at Uttoxeter.

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Thanks GD

Soon be summer the way its going and they say he is a spring horse.

If he runs at Uttoxeter Tony Dobbin gets the ride (last run on course he unseated A Thornton == prominent, led 6th to 12th, 2nd when blundered and unseated rider 13th)

Also entered for Monday<br>9 May 2005 6:30 (Four Day) at TOWCESTER, cantorspreadfair.com Handicap Chase (Class F)

They are really trying to get a run into him now BUT has  he gone off the boil mmmmmmmmmm.<br>We will just have to make our own judgment.

If he runs Monday AP McCoy gets the ride.

Looking at the ratings Monday looks best (to me) but I think it is the ground they are needing to get.

As one of my fav Greyhounds is called you just NEVER CAN TELL

(Edited by Scotia at 7:42 am on May 7, 2005)

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Finally ran at Uttoxeter and finished 2nd to Gallik Dawn

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.