The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Spot thedifference

Home Forums Horse Racing Spot thedifference

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I just want to put a word in for the old boy, who won around the cross country course at Cheltenham today AGAIN, at the ripe old age of 13. Fabulous stuff! Now that’s what National Hunt racing is all about :)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I thought it defied logic him winning today but he was impressive in fact digging in deep with all that weight. (I’d backed the runner up :()

ToneLoc
    • Total Posts 101

I hope statues of Spotty go up in garden centres all over the country… :cool: <br>

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Over the wall, up the bank, through the hedge, into the hamster wheel, round the pitch-and-putt and a quick sprint to the line.

As has been stated, it’s what NH racing is all about.

Mike

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

What an admirable horse!

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Great stuff from the old warrior. They’ve surely got to name a race after him.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 8:21 pm on Dec. 8, 2006[br]I thought it defied logic him winning today but he was impressive in fact digging in deep with all that weight.<br>

<br>…to say nothing of the heavy going and the sedate early pace (such that even Blazing Batman was able to lay up close until past halfway, for heaven’s sake) going against him as well. I was convinced he was going to get swamped up the run-in.

Two wins for Spotty at 13 this autumn, three for the 14yo Mr Dow Jones… this wonderful sport hasn’t been completely lost to precocious fly-by-night types just yet.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

It brings a lump to the throat, it does.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Equally meritorious yesterday (admittiedly I am shamefully biased) was the performance of the gutsy one eyed Material World in the Pertemps Qualifier.

<br>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.