The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Spot Thedifference…

Home Forums Horse Racing Spot Thedifference…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2440

Great stuff, really nice to see the old boy win again today.

Was a bit of a scare at the end there where he slipped and the screens were up, but that is great to see him get back up and great to see the ovation that he got.

Well done to him, a gutsy performance too coming up the Cheltenham hill.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

The more I see it, JT MacNamara should be banned, for a considerable amount of time. Disgraceful, and to think if STD didn’t get up.

• Total Posts 2440

The more I see it, JT MacNamara should be banned, for a considerable amount of time. Disgraceful, and to think if STD didn’t get up.

Sorry, did i miss something? ? ?

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

He was too busy involved in self-congratulating and talking to another jockey to realise there was a fence approaching. All the other jockeys turned their mounts to the left except for him. The duty of care to a horse lasts further than the finish line.

• Total Posts 2440

Ah right, i thought you meant for something during the race.

There isn’t a lot of a run in after the line at Cheltenham there was there and i agree that he needed to turn the horse quicker than he did.

• Total Posts 8

Spot is a true champ of a horse must admit had a lump in my throat when they said he had collapsed after the race but let out a roar when he jumped back up

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

Just popped into a Bookies and watched the race – missed the events described afterwards – must have been a scare.

I actually backed a different horse but found myself roaring STD up the hill.

I backed Puntal – how do jockeys go the wrong way on such a big race, I know the course is complicated, but for this reason alone, I am sure they must study the course before such a race – Puntal finished 3rd (beaten 3 lengths ish) and must have lost 20 lengths by taking the wrong course – so if my pocket is talking I am furious with the jockey and I hope the book is chucked at him. If my heart is talking – I really enjoyed SPot getting up that hill – for my £5 on Puntal – I didn’t mind seeing it go to waste…!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Poor effort from the jockey, horse could have easily broke a leg there.

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

it was great to see spot win again but he needs to be retired before its to late,i really thought he had an heart attack but thank god he didnt
    puntal did very well to make up those 20 lengths and everyone was still talking about it for ages after

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

it was great to see spot win again but he needs to be retired before its to late,

Too late for what? he ran faster than all the other horses in the race.

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

he allso collapsed which the other horses in the race didnt

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

he allso collapsed which the other horses in the race didnt

He didn’t collapse. Being the honest horse he is, he waited for his jockey to steer him away from the barrier. Jockey was too late, horse went ar5e over tit. Ban needed.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

The horse slipped and fell he never collapsed. I had one bet this week and it was him and was glad to see him win the race for the fourth time and not just from a financial point of view, but Noel Fehily should be banned for life.

Had he have done his job properly and won he would probably got lost on the way to the weighing room and lost it for failing to weigh in :lol: .

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

, but Noel Fehily should be banned for life.

it was jt macnamara on board not noel fehily
    ive read on the racing post site he collapsed and at the end of the race there was alot of concern if he was ok as he fell to the floor
    im not takeing anything away from him he was extreamly brave to hold his position up front when he normally comes from off the pace he turned my luck around for the rest of the day so im very happy he`s one

• Total Posts 841

The cross country race is a joke and it’s no wonder jockeys are making fools of themselves, what is there to gain by this circus race? it’s definitely not needed but having said that it was great to see Spot Thedifference getting up from that slip.

Maybe it’s the actual cross country race that should be banned and not the jockeys?

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

I’d be suprised if Fehily picks up any more spare rides for Pipe after that.

Some choice comments as he returned to unsaddle…

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

watched the race very closely on the telly and could see that he had slipped – when horses collapse they tend to wobble first, his back end just slipped as he was just about to collide with the fence, I was just praying that he hadn’t broken something in the process and, yes, I’m angry with the jockey

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.