The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Spot Thedifference

Home Forums Horse Racing Spot Thedifference

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Does it again. Wins the La Touche under 12st 7lbs.

He’s been a remarkable racehorse. Retire him now, let him relax and put his hooves up. Boy has he deserved it.

ninahagen4ninahagen4
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Absolutely.Brings tears to my eyes when he wins any Sporting Index chase.He owea us nothing and I want to see him retire in one piece.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

My thoughts exactly. I couldn’t believe how he won today after being so far back. That horse is unique, he really is. What a star! I had a lump in my throat when he went past the post today. <br>Yes I hope he retires while he’s still in one piece, but it will be sad never to see him race again when he’s clearly on such great form.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Grasshoper is that supposed to be funny?  It is like something Tommo would say, infantile

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at <br>Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, <br>the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. <br>The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.<br>Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but<br>the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was <br>ipmorantt!"

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Money On,

<br>that’s very freaky. :o

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at <br>Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, <br>the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. <br>The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. <br>Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but <br>the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was <br>ipmorantt!"

<br>Tatol bololkcs.

Mike

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Grasshoper is that supposed to be funny?  It is like something Tommo would say, infantile

<br>I couldn’t agree more Bluey.  I am fed up with people trying to be funny on this site.  RACING IS NOT FUNNY.

They deserve a damn good spanking.

Mike

PS  You’re not a slaphead SNP voter, by any chance?

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 252

Good ol’ Spottie! A legend ……….. as is his rider (on this side of the water anyway)<br>Honourable mention can be given to his trainer also — winning TEN consecutive La Touche cups is no mean feat.

LOL at Grasshopper ………..  don’t you know that Rishk Of Thunder is a Shtrong Gale! <br>Funny how the Sportinglife site gives R.O.T.’s owner as "Not Shpechified" !!!!

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

I am fed up with people trying to be funny on this site.  RACING IS NOT FUNNY. <br>They deserve a damn good spanking.<br>Mike<br>PS  You’re not a slaphead SNP voter, by any chance?<br><br>Quote from betlarge’s response on ‘Another topical racing quiz’ thread :<br>"Erm, is the answer Geoff Hurst in the 1966 World Cup Final?"<br>I thought this was funny mate and you weren’t even trying….lol

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

no doubting spot the difference is a class horse, will go down as a legend in ireland anyway. tomorrow @2.50 punchestown, DUBLIN HUNTER, one to watch out for. stays all day, the longer the better for him, and ground and track will suit. around 20/1, he s the one to be on for me.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Sizing Europe looks bet of the day closely followed by Catch Me. Sizing Europe wudnt of looked outta place in Catch me’s race but Henry is takin the easier option and Big Zeb will prob ive him most to do.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Not a bad shout if i say so myself, forecast and all :o :o

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Without taking too much away from Spotthedifference, great servent that he is. the running and riding of the second should have been investigated and punished accordingly by the Irish stewards, Nina Carberry never asked Freneys Well to go after the winner until Spot was gone beyond recall, finished full of running with very little assistance from the saddle. It was blatantly obvious Spot was the one connections wanted, and the stewards didnt want to spoil the party for all concerned because Freneys Well was owned and trained by the same connections. The bottom line is if that horse was owned and trained by different connections the horse would have got the mandatory 40 day holiday.<br>And yes I did have a financial interest in the second horse I collected my e/w part of my bet but I should have collected a lot more, and I have every right to be angry with the Irish stewards for turning a blind eye,  I am not that angry with Nina Carberry as she was only riding to instructions, and Enda Bolger told her there was always Lonesome Day for her the next day.

(Edited by madman marz at 3:02 pm on April 28, 2007)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.