The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sportslive Radio

Home Forums Horse Racing Sportslive Radio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jamessmith894
    • Total Posts 21

Does anyone every listen to Sportslive Radio? Its is horse racing streaming site for broadcasters with horse racing interests. There tips seem ok, but lots of crap presenters who obviously couldn’t cut it in the big world.

My point here is: do you think there should be such service available on bookmakers sites? In my opionion these types of sites dont do the industry any positives as its all opinion based with addicts listening all day everyday. The number of problems gamblers in this country is increasing year on year – and media services like sportslive don’t help as they encourage people to bet.

I would love to hear your thoughts….

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Ladbrokes, Totesport, Betfair, William Hill and Blue Square all have links to radio services of one kind or another on their website…some host their own shows, whilst some use talksport’s coverage.

jamessmith894
    • Total Posts 21

letsgetracing: what do you think of the services – are they good for racing? or do they encourage addicted gamblers?

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Well James, they are exactly what they are, a service to the client, i don`t think they neccessarily encourage the customer to bet, with regards to the internet at least most companies have some type of “addict prevention“ ie self exclusion !!

I would say they are useful for people who dont have live pictures.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Does football commentary, or that of any other sport, encourage gamblers? No.

They’re a useful service for those who enjoy their racing but don’t have access to (racing) television during the day, or if someone simply wants to listen to a race they’ve had a bet on.

The quality of the shows does leave a lot to be desired however, with the William Hill Radio team for instance (led by Gordon Brown) preferring to discuss women in a derogatory sense above racing. The ‘pundits’ on most stations are ten a penny sadly, and regularly mention half the horses in a race and act as though they’re some sort of equine god when one of them scrapes home.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Does anyone every listen to Sportslive Radio?…..The number of problems gamblers in this country is increasing year on year and media services like sportslive don’t help as they encourage people to bet.

I listen to Sportslive radio mostly when I’m at work and sometimes at home. I think for what it is the service is very good. I find the presenters to be no more or no less informative than any other pundits, with the possible exception of Betfair Radio who I would suggest are the best on the radio. But, as I listen mostly for the races themselves rather than the betting/odds I prefer Sportslive. I don’t think any of them take themselves too seriously and the programme is generally fun to listen too.

I would, however, strongly disagree with the idea that Sportslive encourage ‘people to bet’. I would suggest that they don’t encourage people to be at all and on average actually advise people not to bet in at least half the races. In fact one of Nick Millard’s catchphrases is – ‘Not a race I shall be playing in’ – which always cracks me up and is up there with Tommo’s ‘they are not messing around’ or ‘that’s one for the judge’.

I must admit, some of the after-timing by some of the people that email in is shocking – but worst thing happen at sea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.