The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sporting Sam’s interesting runners and riders

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Sporting Sam’s interesting runners and riders

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 577 total)
  • Author
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Perth 1.55
    Green Zone e/w
    Sarvi win

Two against the field
    Green Zone off the park for over 300 days and well below last year’s winning mark.
    May need the run. Lucinda Russell holds a big key to this race with two top weights and both jocks with valuable claims 10 & 3lbs. If they fail to capitalize then the handicap is wide open.
    SARVI Distant 4th
    ————————–
    Devon Hotel Handicap
    3.20 Listowel
    I put this selection up in “form in the book” on his last run when he was an impressive staying on 3rd @ 50/1.
    Streets of Doyen
    Hopefully the impression of more to come,comes to bear here.
    A check of the conditions will be needed on the day as a change in going will mean defections and the need for possible reappraisal of the weights and if there are others who act on the going.
    Bumper Listowel
    Costalotmore each way
    Winning pointer and 2nd in a bumper to Jack Hackett.
    Might not be suited to the normal distance but the marathon trip here will be right up this horses street especially if they go off too fast. Held up and delivered late would be ideal. Might not be up to this level but the facts of winning points and up to a good mark in a bumper offer small hopes.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Kerry national
    Moyhenna
    Freewheeling Dylan
    Cap York

all Each way
    Get my tentative vote
    Many have claims but a few don’t appear to get the distance, either too sharp or too long for some.
    All have form on soft or heavy going.
    The going is currently described as soft and Freewheelin Dylan goes on soft and with course and distance could be a standing dish if today is a going day.
    It is impossible to second guess stables and it is all guesswork and opinions but it is fun.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

LADY BOND
    EACH WAY

1.35 ripon
    Stables second string
    In stall ten a winning stall in past seasons
    Depending on pace and draw bias.
    Little risk at small stakes at the big odds win or lose
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Art of Swing each way
    2.10 Listowel
    Outsider but not an entirely forlorn hope based on staying efforts for Gary moore in England.
    500 day holiday to overcome but interesting debut with good Jockey up.
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Air Pilot e/w
    GoodWood 2.55
    Sprang a surprise here last year when held up and put it to the younger horses in heavy ground.
    Soft here in places today and while once bitten twice shy is often the rule, could still get the trip after a bit of a break.
    No surprise if Bullfinch continues upward curve. GoodWood is an idiosyncratic course which will suit the top weight.
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Listowel
    The Gatechecker each way
    Is given a sniff down from a mark of 131 to 119.
    A worry that he pulled up in heavy in recent ride.
    Streets of Doyen is a non runner.
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Not having a great day with the going.
    Elmono each way
    Off a low weight on home turf for Lucinda could go well if the principals come up wanting.
    PERTH 4.15
    Florrie Boy Win
    PERTH 4.50

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Of my selections today
    Just had the 40/1 runner up in the big race at Listowel to go with the 16/1 runner at Perth.
    Elmono 2nd at 16/1
    Moyhenna 2nd at 40/1

Just when I thought I had lost my ability to read a race. :mail: :mail: :mail:
    Another selection written up earlier runs in the bumper at Listowel shortly
    5.40 bumper LISTOWEL
    Costalotmore each way
    Athgaine Monarch each way

Bearing in mind the first named trainer and Jockey have not won in over two years a back up is needed.
    Jockey on the second named horse won recently on Snake Oil and carries a little more hope but I still like the pointing profile of Costalotmore

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Add Costalotmore to the list of runners that have done it well the last 24 hours. Winner at 20/1
    Stealing the biggest lead since the Epsom Derby to absolutely sluice up over a seemingly hot field.
    A forumite over on the big races thread got on at over 50’s. So I’m doubly delighted.
    :mail: :mail:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

:yahoo: Sam really well done with Costalotmore 20/1 :yahoo:
    BigG did him also and sounds like someone on the Forum who got on at 50/1 owes you a big drink. Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Yes Triptych,
    I’ve requested a virtual Guinness, been a while.
    Everyone does their bit and combines little nuggets and it works well.
    Long may it continue.
    Newmarket just around the corner and lots of good jumps racing over the water.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Well done today Sam

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Thanks
    VTC
    My Sister Sarah is interesting with CT Keane up for willie mullins in the 1mile4f maiden at Listowel A multiple winner over fences.
    Short price.
    Lowest winning distance 2 miles.
    Not saying it is going to readily win but the criteria I’d want in a horse in such a race is clear ability to win. Keane will be able to settle the horse and give her the best chance of getting the distance.
    THE PRICE MAKES THIS A RACE TO WATCH. I THINK THE SELECTION HAS A GOOD CHANCE BUT NOT A PLAY AT THE PRICE.

Perth 1.10
    Samtu
    Each way

This runner is bottom weight and below winning mark. Old wins at Southwell suggest toe in the ground a possibility and warrants a small speculation at each way.
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Breaking news e/w small stakes
    2,10 Listowel
    Manning and Bolger
    Unplaced

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Darkest 3.20 Listowel
    May follow up maiden win here despite the draw off a reasonable mark for AOB.
    EACH WAY

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 577 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.