The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sponsored Silence IJF

Home Forums Lounge Sponsored Silence IJF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

I’ve donated £100 to the forums ‘just giving page’ for the injured jockeys fund and if everyone else can beat that by putting in a combined £101 by 31st January 2012 I promise to not mention anything to do with theracingforum awards poster of the year for 2012.

#I will not ‘campaign’ for anyone
    #I will not post about the awards

Come on guys shut me up….. <!– s:lol: –>:lol:<!– s:lol: –>

You can donate via the link below

http://www.justgiving.com/The-Racing-Forum-Daylight-Cup-2011-Charity-Page

Member since March 2008
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

Nathan – what a fantastic gesture. Absolutely fantastic.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

I suppose it would be too much to hope that Matt Chapman might be persuaded to start an indefinite sponsored silence….for the sake of long-suffering At The Races viewers.

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4378

You are your own man

Nathan

, well done and I for one do NOT have any desire to shut you up, I think you are the funniest guy on the boards.

However I am pleased to say Daphne and myself extended our purchases from the IJF beyond the normal Christmas cards this year and included tea towels, calenders and diaries for presents and fail to think what some of the "rellie’s" say when they open them.

I do think the IJF could make their cards a little more festive but the thought is there.

A Hope you have a splendid Christmas

Nathan

along with Mrs H and don’t drink too much of the scrumpy.

Billy's Outback Shack

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

Don’t all dig deep at once, I cant campaign you all you know…. :wink:

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

I hope you lot are as disciplined with your bets……. :twisted:

Member since March 2008
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

Sorry Nathan.
    It’s up to every individual who they choose to give to and by how much. I’ve given the IJF money in the past. No offence mate, but whether I do so again won’t be swayed by anyone else and for me personally will be done privately anyway.

However, I will join you with a non-sponsered silence at the appropriate time. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

Hi Ginge, not trying to sway anyone as such. It was an idea to try and help raise just a few quid for charity which has been unsuccessful, I wont lose any sleep over it.

When I originally made the thread I thought about posting everyday to keep it at the top but that idea even for me seemed a bit extreme.

But

I don’t see the problem in that I’ve bumped it up a few times in between a sufficient amount of time incase people have missed it or new comers haven’t seen it and may wish to donate.

And before you rip me to shreds.

‘I hope you lot are as disciplined with your bets’ was just a joke hence the……….. :twisted:

plus

‘don’t all dig deep at once, I cant campaign you all you know’ wast a joke aswell the…. :wink: ……would of told you that.

thanks for bumping it up again though……… :mrgreen:

Member since March 2008
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.