The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Speculative Royal Ascot thought

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Speculative Royal Ascot thought

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kersly
    • Total Posts 949

Royal Ascot is a prestige meeting.All who need to be seen are there.Its my thinking that jockeys will try to excel at this meeting.I looked at the betting for top jockey at the meeting,predictably K.Fallon and L.Dettori headed the betting some way clear of M.Kinane.So the thinking is that I’ll back all K.Fallons and L.Dettori mounts in doubles to small stakes,possibly each way.<br>Its the price of the majority of the mounts that attracts me.

K.Fallons mounts<br>2.30-Fancy Foxtrot..f/c 16/1……………..Lost<br>3.05-Captain Rio..f/c 10/1………………..Lost<br>3.45-Hold That Tiger..f/c 12/1……………Lost<br>4.20-Right Approach..f/c 16/1……………3rd 20/1<br>4.55-Researched..f/c 7/2………………….2nd 7/2<br>5.30-Coconut Penang..f/c 14/1………….3rd 10/1

L.Dettori mounts<br>2.30-Botanical..f/c 4/1………………………..2nd 7/2<br>3.05- Romantic Liason..f/c 10/1……………Lost<br>4.20 -Dubai Destination..f/c 9/2……………Won 9/2<br>4.55-Kings Consul..f/c 12/1………………….Lost<br>5.30-Gaelic Princess..f/c 20/1……………….Lost

I intend doing these to small(very small stakes) or maybe each way doubles.<br>Alternatively could back all selections to 1 point level stakes-11 points staked.Could even include another jockey with that approach particularly with the quoted prices.

Just thinking of deleting this as its probably a daft idea.

Now if each jockey has a couple of higher priced winners..who knows.<br>Second thoughts I’ll probably do it to 10p:cheesy:

Maybe the same approach could be adopted with the jockeys you prefer..eg D.Holland,M.Kinane.<br>I realise the idea may well flop.I just feel that jockeys will want the accolades of Royal Ascot successes.

Anyway just a thought.

Good Luck-kersly

(Edited by kersly at 1:20 am on June 17, 2003)

<br>(Edited by kersly at 1:42 am on June 17, 2003)

<br>(Edited by kersly at 8:44 am on June 17, 2003)

<br>(Edited by kersly at 8:52 am on June 17, 2003)<br>

(Edited by kersly at 11:20 am on June 18, 2003)

paul66
    Participant
    • Total Posts 641

Hi Kersly

This type of meeting is hard to find winners at the best of times, due to the quality horses and the big prize money!

Will be a laugh if they all win though :o

Good luck<br>

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Kersly

I agree that, the bigger the race, the more the jocks try.

However, is it possible that the big name jocks will have less extra motivation due to the been-there-done-that factor than the less famous jocks who can make their name by winning a big race?

Just a thought.

Steve    

kersly
    • Total Posts 949

Hi stevedvg,<br>Must agree what you say is logical,maybe the basic idea of selecting two or three jockeys of ones own choice.

I’m sticking to backing all F.Dettori,K,Fallon and M.Kinane(apart from Hawk Wing-too short) mounts.

14 points staked.Ive taken early prices.

kersly

kersly
    • Total Posts 949

Yesterday 11 points staked and 5.5 returned a few near misses.Lets try again today

K.Fallon…………………………..F Dettori

2.30..Arakan …………………..Desert Destiny<br>3.05..Crafty Fancy……………Catstar<br>3.45..Islington…………………Moon Ballad<br>4.20..Funfair……………………Colisay<br>4.55..Landing Light………….Establishment<br>5.30.. Desert Reign………….Sky Galaxy

Staked 12 points—Returned…0.00

Not too inspiring.:o <br>

(Edited by kersly at 11:08 am on June 19, 2003)

kersly
    • Total Posts 949

It can only get better -can’t it?.A loss of 17.5 points so far.Each way approach would look a lot healthier.<br>Maybe as suggested it would be worthwhile looking at the "not so high profile" jockeys.

Any I’ll stick with with K.Fallon and L.Dettori.<br>Its purely an experiment on this type of meeting.

kersly

kersly
    • Total Posts 949

Time to let this one slip into obscurity:( .I think Steve’s idea of less high profile jockeys would be a better approach.You never know till you try.

kersly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.