The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

SOUTH AFRICAN HORSE RACING

Home Forums Horse Racing SOUTH AFRICAN HORSE RACING

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How much is it? :roll:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Why would anyone bother with such utter rubbish?

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

The South African racing piped into betting shops has as much significance and interest to me as the cartoon racing – it is quite simply betting fodder, generally for the mug punter.

The only punters for whom it may hold an interest are possibly a few South African ex-pats who need a fix for their home racing.

It reminds me of the old days when they used to pipe trotting from some obscure continental track into the shops when the UK racing had been abandoned.

It is just part of the bookmakers ploy to squeeze as much money as possible out of their customers.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

High class South African racing – usually the latter races on weekend cards – would be of interest. However the sort of fodder we are served up are the lower class races at mid week meetings.

I’d love to see better South African racing with well known trainers and jockeys but at the moment it is the equivalent of morning racing at Kempton and about as appealing.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

High class South African racing – usually the latter races on weekend cards – would be of interest. However the sort of fodder we are served up are the lower class races at mid week meetings.

I’d love to see better South African racing with well known trainers and jockeys but at the moment it is the equivalent of morning racing at Kempton and about as appealing.

There were a couple of Grade 2’s shown in the betting shops from South Africa yesterday and some of teh big firms were betting on the Durban July a few months ago.

SAHorseracing
    • Total Posts 1

One of the problems with South African racing is the provision of information. If one is given proper betting info and selections as well as news and current stories, the racing becomes interesting and worth following.

We suggest you visit our site, http://www.sahorseracing.com – the leader in racing news and info from South Africa.

If anyone needs anymore info on SA horseracing, please feel free to contact our editorial staff on info@sahorseracing.com

Enjoy the racing…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.