The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

So You Think – not "ready to go to stud"

Home Forums Horse Racing So You Think – not "ready to go to stud"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

A more than usually curious press release from Ballydoyle:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … 26211/top/

So You Think could yet race on next season after connections said on Monday they felt he had “shown no signs that he is ready to go to stud”.”

Without wanting to be indelicate, what might those signs be? Is he more enthusiastic about racing than sex? Is he simply not interested at all? Or [i:2yhsxzax][heavy stage whisper][/i:2yhsxzax] at this stage of his adolescence is he perhaps more interested in the colts than the fillies? Though given his New Zealand breeding this seems the least likely cause of his unreadiness.

Mr Magnier, I am agog. Please share what you know…

Meanwhile, it seems there’s a chance he’ll snaffle the Champion Stakes if the Arc‘s not taken too much out of him.

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

Pinza, maybe it’s as simple as they think one Northern Hemisphere breeding season lost is worth it in an attempt to boost his reputation/financial value here? If there isn’t anything more for Mr Magnier to expand on, SYT can stay here until just after Royal Ascot before heading back to Australia for his first Southern Hemisphere season.

And god forbid Coolmore stumble across this, but a return to blinkers – worn in his first Cox Plate win – wouldn’t be a bad idea from what I’ve seen. :wink:

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Pinza – are you suggesting that ‘fillies’ filled the first FOUR places in the Arc?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Pinza – are you suggesting that ‘fillies’ filled the first FOUR places in the Arc?

!!! Perish the thought !!!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Perhaps like a lot of young studs he is not ready to get married. Going to stud for a horse is like getting married.There is no coming back!

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Probably more to do with a realisation Coolmore don’t have many troops to go to war with next year. Potential four year old plus brigade look particularly thin on the ground for 2012.

value is everything
    andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Thin on the ground maybe yes maybe no. Their tyos are winning everything both in Ireland and England.They could win both races at the weekend.We shall see.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.