The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Snooker Thread 2020 and beyond

Home Forums General Sports Snooker Thread 2020 and beyond

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Milkins v Pang has been painful to watch so far.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Good start on that lucky 15 with Allen and Williams

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

Cheers, yes nice start, but I think Rocket is in one of those moods where he wants an early finish.
    Fingers crossed on the Hawkins and Day match tonight.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Get in Ryan Day… Was the value of the first round
    and Landafar another correct score, superb

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

Cheers Nathan, I did notice your bet on Day and that was one reason he was a pick, so thanks for that.

I think thats my lot for the bet, Higgins does not look to be in any sort of form to win the next session 5 – 2 the first frame tonight is a must win..Ive given up on Ronnie, that could be over in 20 mins this afternoon.
    Thinking about the cash out its 16 times what I put on and if Higgins wins its 48.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

That’s a frankly outrageous bet Landafar, good luck to you if you do keep it running. Two correct scores is impressive enough, three would be seriously good and isn’t totally out of the question. Four does unfortunately seem very unlikely for the reasons you state.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Milkins 2/1 to beat Gilbert
    Odds should be closer. I know he had mare in the first round but is better than that.
    Gilbert beat an ill Brecel and to be honest Brecel hasn’t done much right since winning this last year.
    A bit like Hawkins/Day I make Gilbert slight fav but have Milkins more of a 6/4 shot

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Agree Nathan. I can’t have Gilbert as a 4/9 chance. Milkins can’t play worse than he did in the first round. 2/1 has to be a sporting bet and I have taken it.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

Richard88, outrageous, I like that.. :good:

Im not seeing the fire in Higgins eyes that he normally shows, looks like hes just going through the motions, so a little nibble on him to lose tonight @11/4 and a correct score 10-8 to Jamie Jones. Jamie has won a couple of times against John, so he should not struggle with nerves if he gets in the driving seat. But if John wins 10-6, Ill send him a thank you card.

I was looking at the correct score Milkins market, but I cant see anything that I think may be close. I think Gilbert will win the next session either 5-3 or 6-2, so going against the crowd 13-10 to Gilbert at 7s..just an interest fun bet, thats hoping Milkins throws the cue at everything in the final session.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

I only ever did one correct score bet on snooker, was a best of 25 and it came in. Never done one again.

You could have asked me to pick all 16 and I might have got two right so two out of four with one still not out of the question is pretty good stuff in my book. 7-4 as I type so you’re getting a run for your money.

Interestingly, O’Sullivan isn’t doing his usual ‘I’m playing rubbish and I’m nowhere near the best player ever’ routine. He was actually acknowledging reality for once that he is bloody good at this.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

100s are down by quite a way for round 1. Pockets playing tight. Players over hitting the ball a lot. Dale said earlier that a lot of moisture in the air.

They mentioned Willie Thorne earlier and said he was one of the earliest players to make 100 hundreds
    I looked it up and it seems he was the third player to do so. However it did take him 19 years to do it. Compare that to Trump who has made 76 so far this season shows you the difference in attacking play now to the percentage play of back then where they were more reluctant to go into the pack too aggressively

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

John played well at the start, just dropped off towards the end, but managed to do me the favour..
    I lost a little trying, to cover Jamie winning..

Tomorrow, Ill roll me lucky dice again.

Thanks for you nice comments above..Says what a decent bunch there are on this site.. :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Chuffed for you pal… some stroke that

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

Nice bet, especially with one of them not even being favourite for the match.

That last frame was tense! Even added a bit of interest for me. I was watching the other match but heard ‘foul and a miss, Jamie Jones four’ from the other side when it was 9-5 so I switched over.

Ford is certainly struggling with these pockets, he needs a 9 ball table at the moment. Trump has not exactly been setting the place on fire and 2-2 at the interval was about fair but he improved afterwards.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

Tense..Very tense for me. But cheers Richard88…
    Thats was a very nervous frame for both of them.

Going onto Rockets comments, Hes got that attitude Im here Im going to win.
    Si Yuan maybe the one, I dont see any one in the other side of the draw to match those in the bottom half. Although in the top half, I have Mark Allen..hes not looking interested. Sometimes its about reading the players, not previous form.
    Good luck all..

Ill pop back with a total mug bet tomorrow.. :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Milkins lost his composure
    a cool head is needed with the supposedly tighter pockets,

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

bookies spot on with their Gilbert/Milkins odds.. :rose:

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.