The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sledging down to hell in a handcart

Home Forums General Sports Sledging down to hell in a handcart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Peter Moores has the solution to the sledging issue – turn off the microphones! And why? ‘To be fair to the players.’ Those poor misunderstood individuals. We also learn that Prior was selected for his constant chatter, as, presumably was Nixon before him. Is the new England strategy to sledge our way to victory?

Like to see them try it next time they go to Pakistan.

‘Team England’ are behaving just like any Premier League football team, closing ranks, dismissing their poor sportsmanship as one-off lapses of judgement, for which no punishment is required and blaming the outside world. And we are supposed to go on cheering them, giving them the ‘atmosphere’ they need, buying their god-awful autobiographies and treating them like heroes. Cobblers to them. I hope they lose at the Oval.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

What was with the jelly beans? Poor choice.should have gone for the Haribo sour mix…….Could have made all the difference….. :lol:

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

More self-deluding twaddle from Team England, this time from the sledger-in-chief, Mr ‘Iron Gloves’ Prior

I don’t feel I have to suddenly scrutinise myself massively

Certainly not. After all, you’ve only given away a bucketful of byes, dropped two crucial chances, batted like a buffoon and spent the whole Indian series chattering away like an imbecile to no effect whatsoever. Clearly being a member of the England team these days is just a form of therapy. No doubt we will all be asked to be understanding this winter when Mr Harmison’s radar malfunctions again.

Some good articles on Prior by Ian Chappell and Bob Taylor on the Cricinfo site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.