The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Skybet Chase 2022

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Skybet Chase 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 395

Thats a fair enough point Quelle Farce although I think his hand was a bit forced with Aye Right as Good Boy Bobby came out and won the Rowland Meryck after the Rehearsal.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13877

Finally relented and added Nuts Well

Canelo 33’s EW
    Nuts Well 40’s EW

Will go for three on the day of Janika is declared, though he’s big at 25’s right now. Surprised to see Midnight Shadow declared, and he’s giving me a headache now.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 395

Demachine still high up in my thoughts but Annsam and Five Star Getaway both had their last wins well advertised by Phoenix Way and Fortescue over the weekend, so they are pushing him pretty close for my main fancy.

I’ll be very sweet on Annsam if Adam Wedge ends up coming to Doncaster given the yard have a few entered up at Cheltenham who must have half a chance and I really like him as a jockey.

The one at a price off my shortlist would be Hurricane Harvey who is a bit like Cap Du Nord nearer the front of the market in that they both ran well in the Badger Ales Trophy and run off lower marks after a few more disappointing efforts since. He needs to sort his jumping out but is definitely capable off that mark if he can get it together.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Had Nuts well on for while
    Added Canelo earlier

VF x

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 562

Good luck Bob with Nuts Well, hopefully we can get a good run from him.

I’ve taken Aye Right as well at 14-1, though that’s a risky bet with his Cotswold Chase entry.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4388

Looks an inconsistent bunch in the main, so have sided with Fusil Raffles ew 5 places.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5405

Janika @ 25’s

A bit of a hit a miss performer but was quite an eyecatcher LTO at Cheltenham. He was never put into the race and never touched once all the way round. Still ran a good enough race in the end and dropped a further 5 lbs for it. No idea about the jockey but there goes another 7 lbs off as well. Got to have some sort of EW chance even based on that last run.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

This is a tough one, but I finally landed on Kapcorse 8-1, and Demachine 11-1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13877

Really didn’t want to see Midnight Shadow in here, but he is, and he’s giving me a proper headache, with Janika also in there.

Midnight Shadow the best horse in the race for me, but just a niggle over the trip. Watched Janika’s last run again, and as I said, definitely not knocked about. No choice but to add him, though he may be one for The Ultima.

I’m not happy with having four in this, very hard to justify, and I’ll definitely have to lay off some of my Canelo bet, and possibly Nuts Well too. Probably makes sense with Canelo as I had that second bet at 33’s.

Canelo 33’s (lay off)
    Janika 25’s
    Midnight Shadow 12’s
    Nuts Well 40’s EW (lay off)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

A very strong renewal of the Great Yorkshire Chase (sponsored by Skybet). My top figures are:

169 Rocco
    168 Hill Sixteen

166 Nuts Well
    163 Cloudy Glen
    163 Debece
    163 Hurricane Harvey
    162 Fusil Raffles

The top two both come here off pulled up runs, but they were at tracks I’m happy to forgive a dip out.

Rocco 40/1 was a decent winner at Wincanton. Has needed a break to produce his best and hopefully 7 weeks after his Cheltenham run will be enough with price countering any doubt on that front.
    Hill Sixteen 25/1 in a place never showed in deep ground at Chepstow, but I regularly put a line through form from that course. Right in with a chance on his Aintree form.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

Struggling to find a good bet on Sat ( plenty shorties at Cheltenham ) Fusil is carrying plenty weight but yard flying and he,s better than a handicapper , e.w Janika is very in and out but is a nice e.w price on the best of it , Hill sixteen disappointed last time but that Aintree run is better than many in here could muster

Win Fusil Raffles

E.w Janika

E.w Hill Sixteen

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

It’s a hard one this but added

Midnight Shadow earlier in day

VF x

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

I’ve went Fusil Raffles 6-1 win, and I’ll take Rocco 40-1 ew as my idea of a decent outsider

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5149

I’m also on Fusil Raffles to win, Windsor Avenue ew. He is Mr Unreliable but trainer sounds keen.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3262

Backed Canelo at 25/1 but could not resist Fusil Raffles at 6/1 (enhanced to 13/2) with Hills.

I like the chance of Demachine as well but this is wide open and everything has a chance. A proper handicap.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Really like Storm Control for this. I may be wrong, but it seems like front runners in big field staying handicaps have dominated even more than usual this season.

I generally think stayers are under-rated when turning out quickly under a penalty, quite like this claiming ten pound pilot, and as stated love a front runner (especially a penalised LTO winner) in races like this.

I can’t see him outside the first 6, barring an error.

3 pts e/w 9/1 (1/5 first 6) Paddy Power.

BUY THE SUN

Wilts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 374

Hill Sixteen and Grand Sancy for me; best of luck to all today :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.