The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sky Sports Racing looking for presenters

Home Forums Horse Racing Sky Sports Racing looking for presenters

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

Either the current ATR presenters have not signed up to Sky Sports Racing or the new channel is looking for a completely fresh presenting approach either way does anyone on here fancy applying?

http://www.attheraces.com/article/583542

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2394

I put forward Lenny Henry and floella benjamin

Participant
    • Total Posts 5968

Gingertipster, Mike Tyson and Stevecaution

Participant
    • Total Posts 31858

Chris Hughes, Hayley Hughes and Ron Atkinson

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Anyone bar Matt Chapman, Mick Fitzgerald and Robert Cooper. Hopefully they will all get sacked when ATR ends.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

I am surprised they are advertising on the ATR website, surely Sky has enough presenters already especially if the rumours about Sky Sport News are true there will be plenty of presenters looking for alternatives.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

What are the rumours about Sky Sports News Steve? I only watch it on Saturdays and during the week to watch Jeff Stelling et al for the football scores. Maybe that’s the problem as apart from that no-one else bothers to watch the channel that much?

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Freddie parrot face Davis

Professor Stanley unwin

And some bloke with Tourette’s for a good laugh

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

@philwalker https://www.balls.ie/football/sky-sports-news-394630

Now, however, it might all be coming to an end. Per Matt Hughes of The Times, the channel are reviewing their approach and are considering ending their 24-hour rolling coverage:

Sky Sports News is undertaking a review of its operations that could result in the channel moving away from 24-7 broadcasting or making some of its content online only.

The review, according to Hughes, has been triggered by a decline in viewing figures since the channel was whipped off Freeview. As a result, the channel are looking at alternative ways to increase revenue, which may include advertising appearing on its Yellow Ticker Of Doom.

JamesH
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33

Some people are still of the mindset that Sky Sports Racing is just going to be ATR rebadged.

Its not, its going to be radically different , the fact that Sky are producing the channel themselves and not using SIS again as a sub production company tells you that.

Also Sky have 2 ready made lead presenters if they choose to use them, Alex Hammond for one and Jeff Stelling, he used to host all the Sky Winning Post shows years ago and knew his stuff , he doesnt present that much on Sky apart from the Soccer Results shows, i personally feel he would be a dab hand at some of the bigger Sky meetings such as Chester and Ascot.

But we shall have to wait and see how Sky decide to format the programming.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7527

If Hayley Moore is there i will probably fall asleep trying to watch. :whistle:

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2750

My three, in no particular order, would be Ant McPartlin, Des Scahill and Frankel.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.