The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sir Galahad – trained by T. Easterby

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Sir Galahad – trained by T. Easterby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

SIR GALAHAD   <br>3-y-o (25 Apr 2001) ch g Hector Protector (USA) – Sharpening ( Sharpo )

<br>This gelding has now had three runs (one on turf last season and two recent outings on the dirt at Southwell) and qualifies for a handicap mark.

On each occasion, he has contested a maiden and finished in the middle of the pack. His debut was over 7 furlongs at Thirsk, and he was stayed on to be beaten a total of 8 lengths having started slowly, suggesting that a longer trip would be ideal.

Two subsequent starts were both at the shorter trip of 6 furlongs at Southwell under an apprentice jockey, and, unsurprisingly, Sir Galahad was unable to get competitive over this distance.

The horse is now almost guaranteed fit, and has run on all occasions as if a trip in excess of a mile would be preferable.

His (basically moderate) dam acted on all ground conditions, winning on soft ground and on fibresand, so hopefully he will prove reasonably versatile in this respect.

I would be particularly interested in this horse if he is turned out in the next few weeks over a trip of at least a mile, ideally in a 3yo handicap event. In my view, definitely one to watch…

(Edited by non vintage at 9:48 pm on Mar. 19, 2004)

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

the horse is due to run tomorrow in the 3:25 at Redcar.

the race is a weakish 3yo handicap over 10 furlongs, and Sir Galahad runs off a mark of 55.

i’d be very hopeful of a good run and anything approaching the 7/1 RP tissue would appear a very fair price…

RP Card : 3:25 Redcar 12th April 2004

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Sir Galahad ran ok in fifth (some market interest and went off at 6/1) without setting the world alight.

Having been settled in rear, he moved up well to chase the leaders but was going nowhere in the last two furlongs (apart from backwards).

It’s possible that the combination of inexperience, soft ground and 10 furlongs were too much for him and he remains of interest for now, with a review after his next run!

(also, i managed to get 5 of 6 horses placed on monday @ 5/1, 9/2, 33/1, 16/1 and 4/1 – Sir Galahad let me down for about £600 so he owes me!!!)

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Sir Galahad is due to run tomorrow in the 7:20 at Newcastle…

this could be his last chance to show something! fingers crossed but minimal confidence…

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Sir Galahad ran twice more, both on soft ground at Newcastle over a mile, neither running badly nor well, and generally running out of puff in the closing stages.

Although I will be looking out for him should he reappear, he is now no longer a horse to follow!

🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.