The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

SIGN THE PETITION TO (B)ACK THE BHA REP – :)

Home Forums Horse Racing SIGN THE PETITION TO (B)ACK THE BHA REP – :)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Holy messanger shootings Marble.

Gotham’s bankrupt. You only have to look at the red carpet laid out for supervillain Mr Stare to see that.

However, I hardly think this Robin character is worthy of so much as a BIFF![/color:7ax4wlm7][/size:7ax4wlm7] by comparison to some of those doing the Robbin -KAPOW!! [/color:7ax4wlm7]- [/size:7ax4wlm7]or those that appear to condone it, by their inaction, down at City Hall – SOCK![/color:7ax4wlm7] POW![/color:7ax4wlm7] BONG! [/color:7ax4wlm7]KER-PLATT!…….[/color:7ax4wlm7][/size:7ax4wlm7]

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Truly excellent font work, Glenn.

Marble, Robin – as he has stated on more than one occassion – is the Web Admin for the BHA. He has no decision making powers, and is merely the conduit between that organisation and this forum (amongst others).

Sacking him would make as much difference to the overall outcome, as adding one more brain cell would to your IQ…….well, say, the

average

IQ.

Silvoir
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Sign here if you want Batmans accomplice to get the sack for lack of proper dialogue with forum users –

Was really confused when I read this thread as I thought I must have been on the wrong forum.

Whilst it’s no doubt impossible to have ‘proper dialogue’ with some people on this and other forums, I’m meeting Cormack later this month to discuss how we can improve this ‘dialogue’ – we were supposed to meet last month but had to put it back. I’m also meeting with some posters on BF to discuss the same thing, and some of their concerns.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Paul, I’ve had a look at the BHA website, and can’t find a Terms Of Reference for the "Racing For Change" initative.

Does one exist, because the scope as it’s been defined in the racing press and other outlets (such as online forums) seems vague at best.

Perhaps punters may be better able to contribute to this initiative if we knew the following:

1. Who within the BHA owns this ‘project’?
    2. What are the defined Objectives?
    3. What is in-scope for the initiative?
    4. What is explicitly out-of-scope?
    5. What constraints are defined e.g. is there is a limited budget or time-frame?
    6. What are the expected outputs or deliverables?
    7. What Success Criteria will apply?
    8. Do any Assumptions prevail e.g. BHA will/can not enter into discussion with third-party commercial organisations
    9. What is the milestone plan?

If the BHA genuinely seeks input from the ‘punting community’, answers to the above would give context and perhaps lead to a more appropriate level of engagement.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Cracking post, Grasshopper.

Silvoir
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Grasshopper

It’s exactly that kind of thing that I’ll be speaking to Cormack about. I’m not involved in ‘Racing for Change’ myself and it’s essentially a Racing Enterprises Ltd project. A guy called Nick Attenborough is one of those involved at the moment and I’m sure he could answer your question at this stage – I’ve emailed your post to him and will get back to you (I’m not in the office today so it might not be until over the weekend/Monday).

Alternatively, feel free to email him direct at nattenborough@britishhorseracing.com

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5616

Out of order Marble

Good questions Grasshopper

Look forward to the results of the Cormack-Silvoir meeting

For those unaware there was a not uninteresting dialogue with the BHA (Silvoir?) on here about 18 months ago, which can now be found in the ‘Archive Topics’ section of the forum. It’s the ‘Question’ series starting with

Question 16 -Stevedg

22 May 2008

all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Though the ‘good men’ on TRF may be forgiven for wandering off bruised heads in hands having suffered a battering against the hardest of brick walls

Roddy Owen
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Paul, I’ve had a look at the BHA website, and can’t find a Terms Of Reference for the "Racing For Change" initative.

Does one exist, because the scope as it’s been defined in the racing press and other outlets (such as online forums) seems vague at best.

Perhaps punters may be better able to contribute to this initiative if we knew the following:

5. What constraints are defined e.g. is there is a limited budget or time-frame?
    8. Do any Assumptions prevail e.g. BHA will/can not enter into discussion with third-party commercial organisations

If the BHA genuinely seeks input from the ‘punting community’, answers to the above would give context and perhaps lead to a more appropriate level of engagement.

Well written Grassy.We could use use you in higher office

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well written Grassy.We could use use you in higher office

Roddy, i get all this heavy s**t off The Grassmeister in PM"s when he fancies a Gentlemans wager! i just nod! :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Marble the Menace :lol: I couldn’t believe it when I saw this post I thought you must be drunk :lol: Certainly got their attention which I assume was the purpose of the post.

What a lot of people don’t understand about large organisations is that their own rules and red tape very often dictates how the communicate with the public.

In turn if a member of the public doesn’t get the answer he wants or thinks he should get, they get annoyed and very often at the wrong people..

Explaining every single detail of how an organistaion works or is set up to an irate customer would be a nightmare and as such is seldom ever done……however Grassy has asked the questions and it will be very intersting to read what the BHA’s answer is.

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Grasshopper comes out of hibernation with deliverables.

Can I have correct race distances now ?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

As far as I’m aware this ‘Racing For Change’ thing has very little if indeed sweet fa to do with the BHA.

As for this Robin bloke if he’s the person responsible for the BHA’s website – he’s too good for them. The improvements made over the last year or so has made it a valuable resource.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Grasshopper comes out of hibernation with deliverables.

Always with the insults. 8)

Can I have correct race distances now ?

The BHA answered a question (yours?) on this via their website, and have provided a link which will (allegedly) provide "up-to-the-minute course change info". Presumably this doesn’t cover what you were after?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

I was about to point out that we had already had a dialogue via the Q&A session some time back when Drone beat me to it. Every question asked was responded to in the spirit of the forum and anyone criticising the BHA for refusing to listen or engage should have a read of that topic.

From my perspective, one of the forum’s aims (and a personal aim of mine)is to support racing in a positive way. That can, and does, include criticising and pointing out the things that are wrong, no problem with that.

But I’d like to see it being

constructive

and there needs to be a two-way dialogue. That way the BHA (or whoever else) can understand the concerns of forum members (who are, to a greater or lesser degree, representative of a broad cross-section of the racing public) but should also be able to utilise our channel as a means of imparting an understanding of the complexities and limitations around certain ‘issues’ and, in more basic terms, to let us know what’s being done or, if not, why not.

I’ve been highly encouraged by the BHA’s willingness to engage directly on this forum. It would be just as easy (easier even) for them to ignore us. For me it should be about moving racing forward and finding solutions for racings ills, rather than simply moaning. I think the membership of TRF can play a small part in that. I think that’s a worthy aim and part of our discussion with Paul will be around that goal.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5616

Relax Drone, it was only the other day you were telling us this was only a forum.

I have posted to Robin sincerely on the other thread.

Yep, ’tis only a message board but it’s the best one around devoted to horseracing; so having been granted an audience with the BHA from within their insulated granite tower somewhere in never-never land let’s use the opportunity to get the footsoldiers’ grievances heard.

Authorities you have disagreements with can justifiably expect a diffuse peppering of enigmatic insults as a necessary part of the debating process but it’s bad form to direct them four-square at an individual.

Don’t shoot the messenger eh?

Who killed Cock Robin?

I’ve been highly encouraged by the BHA’s willingness to engage directly on this forum. It would be just as easy (easier even) for them to ignore us. For me it should be about moving racing forward and finding solutions for racings ills, rather than simply moaning. I think the membership of TRF can play a small part in that. I think that’s a worthy aim and part of our discussion with Paul will be around that goal.

Indeed, we can but try. They listen, they respond. One day they might even implement, though that does seem a value 999 lay at present.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

From my perspective, one of the forum’s aims (and a personal aim of mine)is to support racing in a positive way. That can, and does, include criticising and pointing out the things that are wrong, no problem with that.

.. I agree with that, this should also include the framework within which racing operates.

robert99
    Participant
    • Total Posts 899

.. I agree with that, this should also include the framework within which racing operates.

You are really going soft Dave. :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.