The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Shocks today

Home Forums Horse Racing Shocks today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Thought it would be a dodgy day today with the weather forecasts and the type of racing. I think bar the Group 1 this is the worst day of the 5 at Ascot.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

In what sense Aidan? Quality of racing or you haven’t backed any winners?! ;)

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Don’t really back horses at Ascot but, I am just saying to have a Group 3 with 10 maiden running in it then a 50/1 shot to win is worrying. And also for Championship Point who hasn’t shown a lot in months wins at 25/1. Add to that Boscobel and Indian Ink at 7/1 and 8/1 and that suggests to me it isn’t great racing. Admittidly Indian Ink is a smart horse but she thrashed three Guineas winners by 6 lengths!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Hope you were on Mahler there Aidan – I know you liked him for the Derby.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Had a bit on Mahler. More of a galloper and could be a very smart prospect for next year. Found happening all too quick in the Derby.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Talking of shocks I had Fajr in the last as my main selection. Oh well. Been an odd day hasn’t it?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

A disaster, a couple of ew savers, heaven sent and wise dennis, the flood wasn’t up, so I didn’t bother jumping off the river bridge.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

My Mick Channon €100 each-way double saved me today – yeah right!

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

Championship point is a horse thats cost me money in the past but putting his best foot forward was always going to be a worthy winner.

Also racing is about handling the conditions…these were the best horses today under the conditions and the likes of finsceal beos or others inabilities to handle them really just shows to me that they might still be good but they are not great horses.  

SHL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.