The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Selections from the sand

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Selections from the sand

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Lower grade fare than for the other thread so thought I’d start a seperate one. There looks to be a couple of races at Southwell that look to give us an edge. In the 1.45 Salut Saint Cloud looks like stealing money. I generally don’t complile tissues so would be interested in what others have it in at but I’d back it at evens or bigger. His last run over hurdles when he fell at the last suggested he’s as good as ever and if that’s the case he really should have too much for these out of sort/bad rivals. Madiba continues to run poorly without excuse and whilst a case can be made for Victory Quest, he hasn’t run to form for a long while and whilst Optimum has been at least showing something over jumps, it’s about 2 stone lower than what SSC can do. 7/4 in the Post but can se it going off around 11/8.

In the nursery at 1.10 there doesn’t seem to be a lot of pace on at all and if granted an uncontested lead which looks a possible, then Keep Your Distance looks worth supporting. I’ll be backinbg him beforehand and topping up in running if he gets his own way. All 3 of his last runs have suggested a drop to this trip is right up his street. Most of his rivals look exposed, the exception being Londolozi and she has one piece of form on which you could make a case for her, when third to Malaath but she definetly had the run of things that day.

The 5f sprint sees plenty of the regulars turn up but the handicapper has given a huge chance to Trinculo. He showed earlier in the year he’s capable of running with credit from marks in the high 80’s but after his runs in claimers he’s been dropped to a mark of 76. That looks lenient on his latest second to Don Pele, never mind what he was capable of in the spring. Magic Glade definetly deserves a mention. He may be best fresh having bled on numerous occasions in the past but he’s on a good mark and I’m pretty sure his rookie trainer is capable enough to exploit it at sometime.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Looked at 1.45 while wating for NFL to start and althoug the Moore horse looks the one on paper,  i think there are better 7-4 shots to had DJ tbh

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Hotchpotch probably didn’t stay the 1 mile trip at Kempton in his last run and he should like the return to 7f at Lingfield in the 12:30. The form of the race when he finished 3rd over the C/D in November has worked out really well and with Brett Doyle back in the saddle for the first time since then, I like his chances. Backed at 9/2 e/way on Betfair.

The favorite Vacation has a good chance of winning the 2:35 Lingfield but at the odds available I prefer to bet on Mataram who has always run well on the polytrack and was a good 3rd last time out in a decent race at Wolv’n. Backed him e/way at 5/1<br>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.