The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Seen any bad tackles today?

Home Forums General Sports Seen any bad tackles today?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Following on from this thread [b:1fqlp43n]Horror tackle thread[/color:1fqlp43n][/b:1fqlp43n][/url:1fqlp43n] , I just wondered if anyone had seen any bad tackles today in the football (hint :- Falkirk v Celtic game).

There wasn’t even a booking for this bad tackle and the Falkirk player received a broken leg, so where is the red card and six game ban I ask?

Consistency eh? what does that mean?

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Blue specs syndrome strikes again ! :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

pmsl….. I knew you’d be first in :D only those with green coloured specs could fail to see how bad a tackle this was.

I only speak the truth, it was a shocking tackle, not surprised though that there were no comments on this.

The Falkirk player now has a broken leg thanks to a shocking tackle that went unpunished.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Hmm, yes! :lol:

Green is green and blue is blue and never the twain will meet and all that. :wink:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I haven’t seen the tackle Jim so that’s my excuse for not commenting on it.

If you can provide me with a link to view it then I will gladly tell you what I think – I’ve had a quick look around the net but can’t find any footage.

Cheers in advance,

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Robert Huth at the weekend, wasn’t very nice viewing.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Robert Huth at the weekend, wasn’t very nice viewing.

You’re correct Gaz, should have been red carded in my opinion. The thing is, because he was yellow carded, video evidence can’t be used.

Mike

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Seen any bad tackles recently ?

Well Jim, have you ?

Clue : Nacho Novo (Rangers) on Thierry Gathuessi (Hibernian) :shock:

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Yes, it was bad tackle and Nacho has held his hands up about it, he didn’t connect with the player but it was a two footed tackle and dangerous so correct decision by the ref, no-one was hurt though and I’ve seen a helluva lot worse (McManus tackle as I highlighted) but your point is?

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Yes, it was bad tackle and Nacho has held his hands up about it, he didn’t connect with the player but it was a two footed tackle and dangerous so correct decision by the ref, no-one was hurt though and I’ve seen a helluva lot worse (McManus tackle as I highlighted) but your point is?

He didn’t connect with the player. I suugest you review the footage again – this time without your blue specs on. My point being that you are quick to jump in there and start a thread when it concerns a Celtic player, but remain conveniently quiet when it’s one of your own dishing it out.

I suppose that is the nature of the beast (supporting the old firm) though.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

RUBBISH!

I said it was a bad tackle and Nacho also admitted this, NO-ONE was hurt so again what’s the point?

What more can I say?

The reason I started the thread about McManus was because Mikky was going on about Binya’s tackle on Brown in a champions league game so I evened it up a little but no-one seemed to want to talk about McManus’ bad tackle that lead to a Falkirk player having his leg broken – typical really as I didn’t expect many to go on about it if I’m being honest, Celtic don’t do anything bad to anyone :wink: except maybe Jim Torbett :sad:

Let me just add this – There is NO PLACE in football for horrendous tackles and those that commit them should receive the just punishment, no matter who they play for.

Is that you happy now? all you needed to do was ask how I felt about bad tackles and I’d have answered you.

blue specs as you call them don’t even come into it, I only speak the truth, you can’t go wrong when speaking the truth.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Jim , a wise old philosopher once said – " we all speak our own truth, whilst disregarding the real truth."

We’ll agree to disagree, and forever shall it be. :wink: :wink:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.