Scottish Sprint Cup 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scottish Sprint Cup 2019

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  buckers 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15059

Entries out, and priced up…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/scottish-sprint-cup-handicap/winner

The big distraction for me here is A Momentofmadness. Love this horse, class act of the race, and I can’t miss him, but off 104, he’ll have to really dig deep. More than capable, but at 10’s, I’ll happily wait till the day.

I’ll definitely have a Midgeley horse on side, while another pair catching the eye are Ornate, and Tan, both at decent prices.

No bet for now.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Royal Brave for me in the Borderlescott colours. Loves the quick ground and with very little or no rain forecast and warm, sunny conditions later in the week then ground should be good to firm. Has also won five at the track over the past two years.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15059

Fair shout Homer, and a very decent price as well.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15059

Only missed out on a couple of points with A Momentofmadness, and happy to take 15-2. Should be bang there.

Eeh Bah Gun has a fine time of it last year, and with 5 places available, happy to chance him too at 20’s and above.

A Momentofmadness 15-2
    Eeh Bah Gum 20’s EW 5 Places

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4186

Made out a strong case for Ornate but that one has come out. In his absence I’ll go for MOKAATIL whose draw in the middle should suit, as the high draw isn’t as effective in a big field here. Comes off a solid effort when winning a Class 2 at Pontefract. Was rated 102 on his best turf form and has a pretty decent record on the surface given the company he has raced in. Not normally the sort of event I would be interested in but this four-year-old might just have a bit more in him.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5506

I like the look of Captain Colby at 14/1. He’s won over c/d last October and
    ran a very decent race in a good handicap next time out at Catterick. I think
    you can put a line through his comeback race last time out at Musselburgh, he
    looked like he needed it and lost a shoe into the bargain. He’s 8lb up from
    his last win, but he had a wind operation before that comeback run, perhaps he
    can show the benefit of it this time around.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 382

I agree BigG, I think Captain Colbyhas to go close here + 14-1 looks a good each way price to me with 5 places.

My second selection is Savalas who at 10-1 is win only. I like the fact that he won first time out last year, so I’m looking for more of the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.