The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scottish Grand National 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scottish Grand National 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14957

HDLG, I think Lord Napier has a squeak. I doubt he’ll make it to the top of my shortlist, but I thought him definitely worth a mention.

50’s for a reason I suppose, but I’ll have a few quid on him tomorrow, as potential consolation.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 635

Kilfilum Cross was my bet in The Kim Muir. I thought that he was a little disappointing there, so I have held back from betting him straight away. I think that he could maybe run at Aintree first, or maybe get an entry for the old Whitbread, but he is the one I’m planning on betting. He is 33-1 at the moment.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 223

Lord Napier is an interesting call. I bet him earlier in the season, and I think that at the very least that he’ll run here. He has to do better than his poor run last week, but I think that this race will be the main target. I’ve taken 50-1 ew.

The other horse I like is Coo Star Sivola at 40-1. I’ve had an early bet on him too ew. I know that he didn’t fully convince over the marathon trip at Uttoxeter, but I think that he is worth another try.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4480

My fancies for this race are:

Sam’s Adventure (20/1 Unibet) mainly because of his run in the Eider

Aye Right (14/1 general) because of his run at the Ultima.

Vintage Cloud (20/1 Unibet) also his run at the Ultima, plus the last time I backed a grey in this race was Grey Abbey, and hoping VC can simulate AB :yahoo:

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5729

RR I wish Abbey was running in this …at 12-1 ..I’d be robbing banks to back him lol

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7244

Cashed out Cap Du Nord for now. Didnt like the run the other day.

• Total Posts 14957

Don’t think Crosshue Boy will be going now after two runs this week.

Unlikely I’ll bet another Antepost now, unless either of Dingo Dollar or The Ferry Master comes out on Monday.

Starting to come back round to Lord Napier as well, but it looks like a wait and see job now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5729

Vtc 33% win % over last 2 weeks for Bowen ….I had a tickle again last night and a double with Milan native GC e.w

Participant
    • Total Posts 5729

Meant GN

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Soldier Of Love has a similar profile to past stable winner Vicente. The weather’s set fair this week so conditions should be in his favour. He’ll do for me.

Also had a nibble each-way on The Mighty Don and Crosshue Boy. Fair point Bobby made regarding Crosshue Boy’s recent run, although he’s also ran at Wexford in early April on his previous two outings at the meeting. Thought that might be worth noting :mail:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5941

Had another blast on The Hollow Ginge EW @ 45/1

The plan is to run and got to be at least a dozen above him in the betting that won’t run.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7244

I’ve thrown a dart at Lucinda Russell’s Mighty Thunder 22-1 ew 5 places. Been 1st and 2nd in two Nationals this season already.

Participant
    • Total Posts 353

This is simple-an Irish trained runner will win! Galvin has to have a huge chance.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7244

Galvin not a certain runner from what I have seen up to yesterday, so kept quiet about him so far.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7254

The race will now be run on Sunday April 18th to avoid the clash with the funeral of H.R.H. Duke Of Edinburgh. I’ve got no strong opinion one way or another but understand the decision. Awful hoo-haa on Twitter about it and I do wonder how some of these people coped with lockdown last year, indeed I wonder how they cope with anything that doesn’t ‘suit’ them!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5941
    • Total Posts 14957

Crosshue Boy not surprisingly missing, but went with a couple.

I’d prefer Dingo Dollar of the pair, but taken a chance that he’ll head Sandown, and went with his stablemate The Ferry Master, but he’s a smaller bet st this stage obviously, with non confirmation either way.

Also went with Lord Napier EW 33’s, which is risky in itself, as he’s got another entry. The other two were smaller bets, but took a chance with Lord Napier.

More than happy to have three on the day, and I still really like Soldier of Love.

Lord Napier 33’s EW
    The Ferry Master 14’s

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.