The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scotsirish

Home Forums Memorials Scotsirish

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Any news on this grand old type? Certainly didn’t look promising.

If it was as bad as it looked then it’s been a bad season for Mullins should Scotsirish join Golden Silver on the deceased list :(

Yoshi
    • Total Posts 63

Dead. :cry: RIP.

Anybody know what happened with Garde Champettre? Hope nothing wrong with that oldboy…

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1455

Scotsirish broke a hind leg at the Aintree fence and has been put to sleep.

Garde Champetre seems to have pulled up injured, but nothing further from C4.

nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

RIP Scotsirish, :cry: . Such a sad end for a great horse who seemed to have such a future in the cross-country format. I feared for him when he suddenly disappeared as I could hardly believe he would have run out. Condolences to connections who must be heartbroken.

Ch4 just said Guarde Champetre is injured but we don’t know how badly. I pray (and I’m NOT religious!) for a happy retirement for this amazing horse.

And speaking of amazing horses, what about the 14-y-o New Story! What a run to come so close to winning it.

Yoshi
    • Total Posts 63

Sorry to say then Garde Champetre is also gone. A very very sad day where we have lost 2 oldboys.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

VERY sad news indeed – was almost guaranteed to complete – and now he’s no more. RIP brave boy
    :( :( :(

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

RIP!

A fine looking horse.

Blessed Martin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

R.I.P :(

The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2066

RIP indeed Scotsirish.

You always had a reputation as being ‘ungeniune’ but not with me. Those runs over the Aintree fences with top-weight were so gutsy.

linnet
    Participant
    • Total Posts 101

Such a loss – so sad to see poor scotsirish suffer such a horrible fate, condolences to all connections RIP

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13114

Bittersweet day for Willie Mullins, so sad to see Scotsirish go down was hoping all would be fine but not to be :cry: :cry: and also for Grand Champetre such a wonderful horse, it’s heartbreaking news.
    RIP Scotsirish & Grand Champetre you will never be forgotten. :cry: :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

At no time did that great horse Scotsirish "go down".

Amazingly, as far as I could see, he stayed on his feet. At the time nothing was said in commentary about his sudden sideways departure from the race, and it was several fences on before they realised he had gone. I saw him standing with his jockey and hoped so hard it was something minor. Sadly not so…… :(

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.