The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Shloer Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Shloer Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

Defi
    Rouge vif
    Put the kettle on
    Riders onthe storm
    Sceau royal

Race of the season so far if they all turn up

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 621

Put The Kettle On is fives with PP right now. Considering she’s raced Rouge Vif twice, and both those times have been at Cheltenham, and both times she’s beaten him comfortably, and seeing as Defi isn’t quite all that…it’s very, very good value.

(Full disclosure – Put The Kettle On is my pick for next year’s Champion Chase)

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

Both of those times were on soft, but. And he got wind surgery after the first of them. And she hasn’t had a prep run this time (mind you I suppose she had a good old gap before the Arkle).
    Still, she has won a G1, he’s still just a very good handicapper until proven otherwise and one excellent handicap performance doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to start walloping G1 winners.
    Interesting.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

People have been far too quick to right off defi imo

You don’t write off a 6 time grade 1 winner just like that

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I won’t bet in this one, but I think we’ll see a return to form for Defi Du Seuil here.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2692

One to watch for me. Defi could win or could need the run readying for the Tingle Creek. Hard to know.

The ‘he’s not quite all that’ comment made me smile. I wouldn’t have minded owning a horse like him. All them happy winning days :yes:

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

I think Defi is a great price at 5/4 and was surprised to see he wasn’t heavy odds on. I expect him to win today.

I certainly wouldn’t be jumping to the conclusion that Defi ‘isn’t all that’ on the basis of a lifeless run on his final start of last season.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

I’m a big fan of DDS but i think he’s vulnerable today. Most of Hobbs’ are needing the run, a lot of them quite badly. I think PTKO should be favourite and will win. I’m happy to watch rather than bet though at the odds.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

Hobbs isn’t exactly on fire with just 2 winners from 34 runners in the last 2 weeks but his horses are running better than De Beomheads who is just 1 winner from 36 runners in the last 2 weeks.

I wouldn’t imagine Hobbs would be running his stable star if he wasn’t ready to do himself justice.

Also Put The Kettle On needs to defy history and would become the first ever mare to win this race if she were to win.

If Defi was to run badly (which I don’t expect him to) I would imagine that Riders Of The Storm would be the horse to take advantage. Although many say that Riders Of The Storm is best at around 2m 4f lest we forget that exactly the same thing was said about Defi prior to him winning grade 1s for fun over 2m.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2692

Riders Onthe Storm is interesting. I backed him in the Ryanair and was going alrite when he fell. Could cause a minor upset but jumping will be tested over this trip.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

It’s Riders Onthe Storm for me at 4-1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

I thought he was still cruising when he fell mike tbf

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Riders on the Storm at 4/1 for me too. Really progressive last season and he was travelling fine until he fell in the Ryanair. Defi has to prove himself after that strange race in the QMCC.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

I dont like the arkle form at all

So have had a reverse forecast on defi and riders onthe storm

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

I have after initially thinking Defi should be clear odds on here slightly changed tact with my bet.

40%ish of stake on Defi and 60%ish on Riders Of The Storm.

If Defi wins I just end up with my total stakes returned and if Riders Of The Storm wins then it pays around 2/1 of my total stake.

I still think Defi will probably win but do massively respect Riders and think he will go very close getting the weight. I will Probably regret my change of heart but will be surprised if I lose any money here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.