The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Saturday 21st Oct

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Saturday 21st Oct

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Mahogany Blaze should like the step up in trip in the 1:55 Chep. Backed e/way at 9/1.

Austrian has not run for over a year but his excellent trainer is capable of preparing horses to win on their seasonal debut. Austrian runs in the 4:50 Newb and I’ve backed him e/way at 9/1.  <br>

cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

Newbury<br>4.50 Fortunate Isle

Lijngfield<br>1.50 Tamagin

Soccer selections = only Premiership & Championship looked @   WINS but not the obvious short priced ones that anyone can pick<br>Charlton, Luton, Southampton

I support Luton….Leeds let me down twice in this last week for a clean sweep …& i won’t be one bit surprised if they do the dirty on me today….lol

(Edited by cleandries at 11:01 am on Oct. 21, 2006)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

3:15 Newbury

Backing maidens in Group 1 is generally a quick way to the poor house (Dragon Dancer????) and I can’t see Eagle Mountain losing. However Authorised should come on for its debut and is an each-way alternative.

1pt ew Authorised 16/1

3:50 Newbury

1pt Adaptation – question is will the ground help or hinder? SIre won on heavy so I’m chancing its the former.

2:40N 1pt Alfie Flits – clearly has plenty of stamina and has been tapped for toe over 8f and 10f. Step up to the trip and testing ground can see him outstay his rivals.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

205 Newbury<br>I like STRIVING STORM for the first race, 1pt e/w 12/1 he has always looked like he has much more to offer and is value for improvement.

240 Newbury<br>MOUNTAIN (nap) @7/1 hasnt had a great season but is bred for stamina and absolutely stamped his authority last time in the 1m2f contest looking like more would be on the way for a step up in trip.

315 Newbury<br>I like AUTHORIZED e/w @ 12/1 for the big one for reasons already mentioned, but I think it is almost certain that Mark Johnston will have one of his in the first three home and I like Teslin, will handle the ground and, with Darley on on Board, theres a lot of boxes ticked.

345 Newbury.<br>Finally ELUSIVE FLASH e/w @ 14/1 looks to have a good chance of a place or better.

<br>Also, danehill dancers generally love todays conditions and could be worth keeping an eye on for any being backed.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Also, forgot to mention JO’BURG in the 5.00 @ Lingfield could defy top weight at a price. Good luck everyone, if youve already bet on anything ive mentioned then your going to need it.;)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

If Dragon Dancer (Newbury 2.40) improves for serious cut in the ground he has to win. His bare form is the best anyway so any improvement and I can’t see him being beaten. Sire gets soft ground horses, dam won on really soft ground so signs are good. Could be that Dragon Dancer hasn’t been letting himself down fully on a faster surface hence running well but not finding enough in a finish. Guess we’ll find out in fifteen minutes or so.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Bloody Dragon Dancer. Won’t be backing that again. I’ve now decided he’s a carthorse. :angry:

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Thousand Words to flaw Eagle Mountain? Eagle Mountain is unbackable at odds on. Thousand Words currently trading at 7/1. Gotta have a nibble.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Big congrats to those who tipped Authorized – I am amazed at his SP :o

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from SwallowCottage on 3:24 pm on Oct. 21, 2006[br]Big congrats to those who tipped Authorized – I am amazed at his SP :o

<br>Absolutely.

I give up today, not doing well lol.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Didn’t expect that form Authorised! To be fair it was always travelling nicely and in my (biased) eyes could have been named the winner 2f out. I was surprised by the SP too but I topped up before the off at 25s so I’m doubly happy :biggrin:

Profit 17.2pts

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 5:16 pm on Oct. 21, 2006)

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Excellent tipping lads. Who needs Pricewise.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Not a bad day overall.

STRIVING STORM 3rd @ 12/1 Very rangy, reckon he’ll be a horse next year, he needs to fill out a bit, which he should over the winter.

MOUNTAIN 2nd @ 7/1 – ran well but beaten by a better horse on the day

AUTHORIZED WON @25/1 (I raised the ante when I saw the SP, I was having flashbacks of Rail Link when he crossed the line, Eagle mountain turned out to be the R.P.T. Deep impact (not in a drugs way), also done a 40/1 e/w safety on Teslin (to no avail) when I saw the price);)

JO’BURG 3rd @ 10/1 – Cant complain off top weight, looks like a good little handicapper in the making.

Only Elusive Flash let me down, after a trail blazing ride from Nelson de Souza (she does look like a well put together filly though) but I done a little safety bet on party, so I broke even for the race.

Am well happy with that, Congratulations FSL, good to  get a high with a future prospect, makes up for hamoody last week.:biggrin:

cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

Outstanding…..Hope ye all made a packet….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.