The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Saphir River

Home Forums Memorials Saphir River

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7516

Broke a shoulder when falling at Kelso yesterday. There did seem to be some hope as he was returned to the course stables in the horse ambulance but regrettably he couldn’t be saved.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

That’s so sad to hear – owned by Brindisi Breeze’s owner. Lucinda Russell has already put a small tribute to the horse on her website.

Two deaths at Kelso yesterday.

• Total Posts 15019

Gutted to hear that Rob, was one of my notebook horses a couple of years ago. Lovely horse.

Dw3132
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

Gutted to hear that Rob, was one of my notebook horses a couple of years ago. Lovely horse.

Same here Venture – followed him on back of his French form which was bordering on top class – Ran Spirit Son to neck and finished multiple times ahead of Katenko/Ballynagour who have all went on to have top notch NH careers in UK. He just didn’t take to British Raciñg for whatever reason.RIP

Participant
    • Total Posts 7516

I was chatting to Lucinda Russell on a stable visit last season and she told me Saphir River had “the worst feet of any horse I’ve trained”. That goes some way to explaining his relative under achievement since moving from France.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.