The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sander Camillo ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

What now for this beast ???

Looked a star as a 2 year old and had high aspirations of being a top class filly.

Slightly dissappointed in the Nell Gwynne, bombed out in the French Guineas, and now stone cold last in the July Cup back to sprinting.

Is it a simple case of not training on, or can she recapture some of her 2 year old brilliance?

Mike

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I was always more cautious than most regarding Sander Camillo. One impressive win over average (relatively) horses wasn’t enough to get me over excited.

I don’t think she’s a Group one filly to be honest.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

I know some clockwatchers in England were never impressed with her in the first place, and it could be that she has been overrated.

Perhaps the owners should consider sending her stateside ; she looks more of a dirt filly on paper.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I would say that she was almost certainly overrated with hindsight. Though Frankie spoke very highly of her and you would have thought he would know above most people.

Maybe she was very good but never trained on, or maybe a lot of people, including Frankie, assessed her wrong and she was overrated afterall. Whatever it is, she has a lot of question marks hanging over her at the moment.

Mike

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I would say that she was almost certainly overrated with hindsight. Though Frankie spoke very highly of her and you would have thought he would know above most people.

Maybe she was very good but never trained on, or maybe a lot of people, including Frankie, assessed her wrong and she was overrated afterall. Whatever it is, she has a lot of question marks hanging over her at the moment.

Mike

No offence but Frankie talks rubbish you only have to hear his after the race Eclipse quotes to realise that "The horse thought he won". :roll:

Also he once said regarding Ouija Board ". She’s undoubtedly the best filly in the world now." Not on my ratings she wasn’t.

Jockeywaffle needs to be ignored. :wink:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.