The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RYANAIR CHASE 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics RYANAIR CHASE 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Strange ride..

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I am probably talking through my pocket but should Robert Thornton be riding this afternoon?

• Total Posts 1982

Tidal Bay – blinkers, cheekpieces, perhaps?

• Total Posts 1982

I am probably talking through my pocket but should Robert Thornton be riding this afternoon?

Nothing wrong with the ride he gave Pennek in the Pertemps, Paul.

He was working at that horse from a long way out, so nothing wrong with his fitness, in my opinion.

VPU looked a bit flat to me. The curse of the Ascot Chase, perhaps?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Best horse won on the day.

That said, although VPU made a couple of mistakes, I noticed a close up of Robert Thornton half way during the race. He looked overly anxious to me. Symptomatic of his injury yesterday and his current lack of form perhaps ? :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Fair play to dessie hughes there, he made no secret that schindlers hunt would place, and he very nearly won. VPU very disappointing there.

• Total Posts 790

Tidal Bay – blinkers, cheekpieces, perhaps?

Change of jockey ? Thought he was given a poor ride today, maybe talking through my pocket though :roll:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Pretty sure Howard Johnson gave a very downbeat report on tidal Bay on teletext last night, cant remember it word for word but should think it is still on there. I thought it was strange as after reading that last night, and then today the moring line were reporting him a big positive in the market.

I never bought into the whole "tidal bay is going to clean up this season" line of thought, but I must say that all does not appear to be well with him, also thought Our Vic folded fairly early there.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

I bet you NTD was pleased with that. He’ll be giving it a few "I told you so toninght" Looked a class above VPU damn pity he’s in that doesn’t stay further league.

Will there be a rematch at Aintree in the race VPU won last year? Should be interesting if there is.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Strange ride..

He can’t go without the horse.
    Typically, Tidal Bay lost ground at many of the fences, yet still showed he has probably the best engine in the race by his storming finish.
    If ever they were to teach him to jump, the world would surely be his oyster?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Will there be a rematch at Aintree in the race VPU won last year? Should be interesting if there is.

Hope so Fist, because my money would be firmly on VPU on anything like decent ground, and he’s bound to be a much more attractive price than today.

• Total Posts 1982

I bet you NTD was pleased with that. He’ll be giving it a few "I told you so toninght" Looked a class above VPU damn pity he’s in that doesn’t stay further league.

If Tidal Bay goes to Aintree, he’ll finish off a creditable, but shade disappointing season with a win. :wink:

If he wasn’t 100% today and went down by a fast diminishing 7 1/2L, I fancy him to reverse form at Aintree, where he was very impressive last season.

I’d oppose Imperial Commander away from Cheltenham at this stage of his career.

• Total Posts 1537

Choc pulling out for the 4 o ‘ clock race suggests he shouldn’t have been on in the first place, and he has put himself before the horse.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I’ve made no secret of the fact that i’ve been backing the winner all winter and whilst Voy Por may well have won had he jumped better, he still had to jump and he didn’t..

If anyone was there today in the club and saw someone swinging an RP round his head shouting "go on paddy" like a mad man, that was probably me!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If you watch Robert Thornton after the final fence his arms are barely moving, very much a sign that he wasn’t fit to ride. That said, Voy Por Ustedes simply didn’t jump well enough today and was beaten by a better horse.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

VPU really didn’t jump as well as he can. I think he could beat the winner over this trip in rematch.

Awful meeting for punters so far, unless you’re Oirish.

Zip

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

VPU really didn’t jump as well as he can. I think he could beat the winner over this trip in rematch.

Awful meeting for punters so far, unless you’re Oirish.

Zip

Opposite for me.. Been a great meeting and oi’m definitely not oirish..

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.