The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Runners from North’s Notes

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Runners from North’s Notes

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4819

Cartmel

Lucy Lamplighter looks to have a golden opportunity in the 2.20 dropping to mares’ only novice company. Her recent runs have shown evidence that this sort of event is within her grasp.

College City(5.15) is regular on the North of England/Scottish circuit and generally gives his running. This company doesn’t look particularly tough and he handles a tight track, having decent runs round here and at Fakenham in the last year.

Rob

(Edited by robnorth at 1:23 pm on May 30, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

ttt

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8816

Thanks DJ

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4819

Perth – July 31
    Interesting clash between two I noted previously. JIM THE GENT won a couple of fast ground NH Flat races last summer. Ideally I’d like it just a little firmer, but it will be drying out today and I reckon the longer trip here will suit. Danger must be POUILLY who cruised through to win an NH Flat here last time. That race was probably bigger on numbers than ability, but Pouilly will win jump races. The rest that have run have not impressed, and the newcomers don’t come from ‘the right yards’.

Difficult to find any standout bets on the card. The 7.30 is a strong handicap chase for the time of year, might be interesting to how Commercial Express goes with the move up in class, although i would love to see evergreen Mighty Fine keep up his mighty fine form. In the 7.00 Tuscany Rose might appreciate the drop to selling class and may be worth a nibble if 6/1 or more.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4819

TOM SAYERS, the only runner to bustle up the ill-fated Mighty Fine at Perth, appears in the 4.45 at Newton Abbot. Back to hurdling here, but this is not the toughest of race, he looks on a good mark, will be suited by the 3m 3f trip and is in good form.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4819

OUEF A LA NEIGE 3.00 Musselburgh

I feel that this one is now a slightly betteer bet around 1 mile than shorter. This is a pretty poor claimer, mostly out of form horses. The selection is drawn well enough and has been running well enough to suggest a win at a reasonable price is well within bounds.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.