The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Runners from North’s Notes

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Runners from North’s Notes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

A couple of horses I’d noted appear today.<br><br>Numero Un De Solzen is on the ‘horses to follow’ lists, but distance/type of race don’t fit those selected. He’s in a 3m novice event at Carlisle. Likely to be a fairly short price but should have the class to take this race. I’m still looking to this one in a decent staying handicap in the north.

August Rose isn’t on the list, but was well clear of the rest when a close second to Something Silver. The latter doddled up last time and despite the rise in the handicap, August rose looks pretty solid material in the second race at Carlisle.

Chestnut Charlie, noted at Kelso and since an easy winner at Downpatrick, runs in the bumper at Limerick which will be a good gauge of his progress. The form of his two performances to date looks solid and he looks a good prospect.

Rob

(Edited by robnorth at 1:05 pm on Mar. 18, 2007)<br>

(Edited by robnorth at 1:30 pm on Mar. 19, 2007)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Numero Un De Solzen came second, and I’ll wait for a step up in trip before the money goes down. Still a very useful prospect and one to watch out for in long distance handicap chases.

August Rose faded over the last two. Ability’s there but the extra 10lbs may have made the difference. The jury’s out on this one.

Chestnut Charlie breezed in at Limerick. I like this one! See my remarks in ‘North’s Notes’.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Rob – I noticed that one of last week’s Cheltenham winners had appeared at Kelso on the day of the TRF get-together.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Both Numero Un de Solzen and Keepatem (in the Midlands National at Uttox) shaped as if possibly finding the races coming too soon after their Kelso evertions.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

BALLABRIGGS goes for the 2.15 at Uttoxeter today. The going is the unknown here, as he’s only run on soft or heavy before. However the trainer did have an alternative at Hexham, and there don’t appear to be many with a chance in this race, so at a forecast price around 5/1 I think Ballabriggs is worth a play.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Ballabriggs was withdrawn due to the drying ground.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

BALLABRIGGS appears in the ‘Fixed Brush’ Novices’ Handicap Hurdle final (3.35 Haydock).

Flying a little bit higher here, but his trainer has proven he doesn’t often mistake geese for swans, so at a double figure price I think this one is worth a bet.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

MARSHALL HALL (4.20 Aintree) moves up in class to take part in the Red Rum Handicap Chase. He has a profile which has produced winners of this event in the past. He’s on faster ground, on which he’s unproven, but nothing his trainer has to say in today’s RP puts me off him. His price may be shaved a bit as Pricewise tips him.

(Edited by robnorth at 1:06 pm on April 12, 2007)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

MARSHALL HALL goes for the 5.50 at Punchestown. This looks an easier opportunity than his near miss at Aintree. Comes just 12 days after that, but he took a couple of quick succession races in the mud earlier this year, so I’d not be too concerned.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Marshall Hall went well enough early on but started to struggle from 3 out. It seems he probably took too much out of himself at Aintree. Presumably he’ll now take a rest for the summer.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

LITTLE BOB goes for the 2.30 at Perth. I thought this was going to be a little bit tough, but with Crocodile Dundee and Modicum coming out it probably makes this a four way contest between Little Bob, Smart Street, South Of The Border and English City.

ANOTHER PROMISE contests the 4.05 at Punchestown. I still think that he’s likely to be at his best over further, but his Arkle performance puts him right in the mix for this.

(Edited by robnorth at 10:25 am on April 26, 2007)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

A couple which may be of interest at Perth today

Lucy Lamplighter(7.55) – I noted this one trying hard to stick with one or two more talented individuals in a decent novice event. now in handicap company I’d say she would have just a squeak at a fancy price.

Great Jane(8.25) performed creditably behind Trading Trouble at the last meeting. There are a few fair performers on their day here, but many are in-and-out, so the selection is worth an interest around the 6/1 mark.

I’m not at the meeting this evening, it’s free entry day…and billed as office party day:o ……. so it’ll be mobbed, but i’ll  keep an eye out on At The Races and post a summary on the Notebook section.

Rob

(Edited by robnorth at 1:16 pm on May 16, 2007)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

PERTH

2.05 Now that Le Marquis and In Dream’s have come out this should be straightforward for Top Cloud. He impressed at Kelso earlier in the season and, although this is at the low end of a stamina test for him, he should be good enough to see off moderate opposition.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Kelso  

Shares (4.00) was a decent second at Perth last time and this looks a bit easier.

Anshan Spirit (5.00) has gone well round here and the opposition doesn’t look as good as that encountered recently. Novel Idea has soon fairly decent point form, but hasn’t been sighted under rules.

Sedgefield

If he repeats the form of his facile Perth win then Caipiroska(7.50) should take this with a bit in hand.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Hexham – May 29

Dundock(7.05) was staying on at the end of his races at Perth. The latter was over 2m 4.5f, but this distance is a tougher test, and the opposition seems less tough here. Judged by Stara’s first appearnace in England, Dundock would be of similar ability, so with Stara forecast odds-on Dundock looks a decent bet.

Norminster(8.10) may well need a bit of cut in the ground, but he’s shown enough to suggest this sort of race is within his compass. Unless it rains heavily I won’t be betting, but it’s worth keeping an eye on this one

Rob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.