The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Run and Skip

Home Forums Horse Racing Run and Skip

Viewing 3 posts - 35 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

That’s excellent feedback. Thanks very much Espmadrid !

What with this and the rest of the feedback, I see I’m going to have to come up with something a bit more difficult next time ! :wink:

I have uploaded the 1985 Welsh Grand National to Youtube for you. The picture quality is great, the weather conditions didn’t help, but hope you enjoy it! Just click the link http://youtu.be/uBcSKIQkMc8

Thanks a million Espmadrid; your channel rocks!! Hours of enjoyment ahead for me. Especially enjoyed 1989 B&W Gold Cup from L’stown; I was there that day, Maid of Money beating Waterloo Boy in a pulsating finish.

BroncoBilly
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28

That’s excellent feedback. Thanks very much Espmadrid !

What with this and the rest of the feedback, I see I’m going to have to come up with something a bit more difficult next time ! :wink:

I have uploaded the 1985 Welsh Grand National to Youtube for you. The picture quality is NOT great, the weather conditions didn’t help, but hope you enjoy it! Just click the link http://youtu.be/uBcSKIQkMc8

Thanks for uploading this, Espmadrid. He won it well didn’t he !!….. Some very good National horses behind too !!

BroncoBilly
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28

Bronco,having read your posts regarding

Dalbury

and

Run and skip

,I would suggest that could it be possible that you saw both horses on the same day? Coral Welsh National Day at Chepstow as ‘Dalbury’ ran in the Novices chase at Lingfield behind ‘Clara Mountain’,it was the first race of the day and ‘Run and skip’ did make all to win the Welsh National an hour or so later at the unusual odds of 13/1,strangely enough ‘Corbiere’ won the Grand National at the same odds too!!
    I too have fond memories of

Run and skip

as prior to his Chepstow win he won at Cheltenham at 6/4 and I was lucky enough to have him along with

Ten Plus

at 6/4,

Troilena

at 5/2 and

Emo Forever

at 7/2 in a £1 lucky 15,my first ever all winning Lucky 15,it made me £300 and paid for my Christmas,I bought Action Man the Red Devil if my memorys right!! :oops:

Thanks TAPK. It’s possible, but I think unlikely. I would be 99% sure that as regards "my" races, Run and Skip would have run BEFORE Dalbury (I initially thought only a week before, but now looks like longer).

It pains me to say this but I don’t think that Dalbury would have been "on my radar" at this time, if it wasn’t for the fact that Run and Skip had already put me in profit. Although I’m sure he was an admirable horse in his own right, and bought his connections a lot of fun !

Viewing 3 posts - 35 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.