The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RTV vs SSR

Home Forums Horse Racing RTV vs SSR

• This topic has 316 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by CavCav.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

New Year’s Day you won’t get much Irish as they trying to fit 6 meetings in plus isn’t it an embarrassment that a tv channel has to go begging to another broadcaster to show their content.

The whole process across the UK and Ireland needs changing, the courses tv rights need a thorough review.

Free Sports is not subscription so will Virgin viewers get free access or will they block access if you don’t subscribe to Rtv?

GoldenMiller34GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1165

It’s a free-to-air production, Steve, so if the Free Sports channel is on Virgin I think there will be free access for everyone:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/rtv-to-show-irish-action-on-december-26-on-one-off-free-to-air-tv-channel/414436

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

So, there will be a seperate Irish channel on Boxing Day. Does this mean the regular channel will only show the British racing? With Huntingdon being abonded that will be 4 British races and 3 Irish races. If the Irish and British races will be shown only on one channel each than it should be okay.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1165

I suspect that RTV will try to show as many Irish races as it can on the regular channel, knowing that it has protected itself from criticism regarding the ones it can’t by virtue of the free channel, which, I agree, would be unsatisfactory and unenjoyable.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

So the irish authorities have as many brain cells as the UK ones

Limerick x.05 Down Royal x.10, Leopardstown x.20 then 20 minute gap to x.40

Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1301

At work watching the racing on ITV. They couldn’t be arsed to show the Grade One chases in Ireland but that didn’t stop them from spoiling both results.

Utter feckless twits.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1165

Somebody please tell Ed Chamberlin the difference between Alan Johns, the jockey, and Alan Jones, the trainer!

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

It’s back to normal for Rtv tomorrow

xx.30 Limerick
    xx.40 Newbury
    xx.45 Catterick
    xx.50 Leopardstown
    xx.55 Leicester

All afternoon 5 min gap for 5 jumps meetings

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 482

You would not have liked the ‘old days’ then Bachelors Hall when ITV and BBC gave the full results for every race taking place that day.

I have often read a lot of people want those days back.

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 102

RTV back to form today, Savills chase split screen with some gaff race from Catterick and then finish interrupted by the start of Leicester race.
    They keep making excuses but the incompetence carry’s on

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

New Year’s Day

xx.15 Cheltenham
    xx.20 Fairyhouse
    xx.25 Catterick
    xx.30 Musselburgh
    xx.35 Tramore
    xx.40 Exeter

Fit all those in without split screens Rtv?

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1923

Oh my goodness this is nonsense on rtv today, they even did a split screen between the 12.25 at Catterick and 12.30 at Musselburgh when Musselburgh hadn’t jumped.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 419

Really not good today. Split screens on almost every race.

seepigeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 134

I have a Sky Sport subscription because I want to watch football. 2019 saw racing added to the sport I can view. In the past few days I watched several races on Sky which have been delayed with the explanation being that it is due to waiting for a race elsewhere, i.e. in Ireland, to finish.

I watch Racing UK races via my bookmaker’s site or after the event with Sporting Life. What a shambles on Jan 1st! Races from Cheltenham and Fairyhouse being shown split screen! Later on there was the same with a race from Tramore. Why cannot Racing UK get its act together? I would not part with a penny for such an inferior service.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1766

Online you can watch the individual stream for whatever race you want to watch

Surely they have to add a red button so people can choose which track they want to watch

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.