The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RTV subscription

Home Forums Horse Racing RTV subscription

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8926

Yes, I received it. Another chance taken to tell them to stop going on about RaceIQ data. And to give low scores to the likes of Bull and Dunkley.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8926

I forgot to ask why they keep asking that Channing character to be on “Luck On Sunday”.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Agreed. He don’t half waffle on.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8926

Does he even know much about racing? I heard he is more of poker player and sports punter.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

He usually makes some good points, but he isn’t one to use a hundred words when a thousand will do.

The time limit on Talking Points is utterly pointless when Channing’s on the panel.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709
    mike2084
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1381

If you are in the UK nothing will change, it’s only in Ireland the channel will probably cease broadcasting at some stage.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8926

If RTV does stop broadcasting in Ireland in 2026, I assume that means Irish racing will not be available to watch on any mainstream channel in Ireland apart from any races shown by RTE? The only way anyone in Ireland could watch their own races would be via streaming services, bookmaker websites etc.

If so, it would not be a very satisfactory state of affairs for a sport which is far more important culturally and economically in Ireland than it is in the UK.

The whole situation is ridiculous. It will not do anything to save a single person from gambling induced harm.

The modern Irish political class demonstrating its utter stupidity once again, even by the standards of global politicians. It would be good to see a lot of Independents stand at the upcoming General Election and to see plenty of the FF/FG/SF crowd voted out but I doubt it will happen.

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 203

With an Irish racing shoved in 5 minutes before The Champion Stakes tomorrow there may be a few at RTV who will be glad to see the back of it

Participant
    • Total Posts 8926

Although the legislation is ridiculous, I do have to wonder about RTV’s response. Is it really so difficult to provide a separate service to Ireland?

It cites cost but it manages to employ dozens of presenters and pundits, none of whom are doing it for nothing. Perhaps if they lost the likes of McNae, Stafford, Dunkley, Dwyer and the Dixon brothers,then they might have a bit of spare cash to invest in a separate feed to Ireland.

There are plenty of others who could go as well. Why does RTV need at least two reporters at every meeting?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

I’ve been watching this afternoon’s coverage and listening to Stafford is excruciating. She can barely string a sentence together in English, so as soon as any foreign names (horses or jockeys) come up, she’s screwed.

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.