The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2010

Viewing 13 posts - 541 through 553 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Cheltenham should have better ground than that at Leopardstown yesterday and i would confidently bet that

Weapons Amnesty

will beat Pandorama in the RSA! Davy Russell seriously over did the waiting tactics yesterday and was basically beaten by the ground!Oh yes if Mikael fails to get to Cheltenham this year,i can see myself recovering my losses with interest on this fellow!Long Run is still too novicey! Weird Al would be a danger to all as he is a very lightly raced but fast improving sort!

Foresight from Dec 28th! :)

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Cheltenham should have better ground than that at Leopardstown yesterday and i would confidently bet that

Weapons Amnesty

will beat Pandorama in the RSA! Davy Russell seriously over did the waiting tactics yesterday and was basically beaten by the ground!Oh yes if Mikael fails to get to Cheltenham this year,i can see myself recovering my losses with interest on this fellow!Long Run is still too novicey! Weird Al would be a danger to all as he is a very lightly raced but fast improving sort!

There has been a significant market move for

Weapons Amnesty

tonight and is now trading at 10/1 across the board,he was trading at 17 on the machine only a couple of days ago! He certainly ticks all the RSA boxes!

Jan 17th, Money talks!

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Weapons Amnesty

And he has just done the same again today,he gave the winner a 15 length head start,thats twice now Davy Russell has been beaten on Weapons Amnesty over doing it! :roll:

Feb 7th, more signs he was being laid out for the big one!

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

I have small wagers on both Long run and Diamond Harry at good prices to recover my inevitable losses on Mikael,but i have 2 good bets on

Weird Al

and

Weapons Amnesty

as i see both as major players and have done for some time,Weird Al is the dark horse of the race as he is still improving and only does whats asked of him,there is more to come! there"s much more to come from bloody Davy Russell too! I think he is taking his horses name a bit too literally at the moment as when he unleashes Weapons Amnestys armoury he will take a bit of beating,we just haven"t seen the "peace talks" break down yet Davy? They will in the RSA! :wink:

Poetry! :wink:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

This years RSA is fast becoming a disaster for me,i have lost on Mikael and now Weird Al! Diamond Harry and Long Run will only recoup losses should they win,which is a small consolation! TAPK is a great believer in "playing safe",but on this occassion that philosophy has gone out the window as i have had Β£100 e/w on

Weapons Amnesty

at 10/1! Never surrender!

This race has had Disaster written all over it for me all year!
    Keeping the faith pays when you spot a good one! :)

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1932

Was interesting to hear John Francome assuring all Long Run backers he’d done nothing wrong as he whacked nearly every fence.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 389

dont think there was any pace in this race at all, in my opinion he should of set the pace himself.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 389

(long run)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Was interesting to hear John Francome assuring all Long Run backers he’d done nothing wrong as he whacked nearly every fence.

He hit two fences – the horse never looks like falling which would be the main concern.

Long Run travels too well and pulled hard, they didn’t go fast enough for him and he was done coming down to the last.

The winner looks a proper Cheltenham horse though 2/2 there now :)

Euro
    • Total Posts 404

Quoting yourself in posts isn’t as bad as after timing, but it’s in the same ballpark.

Arabesque
    • Total Posts 79

Is there any news on WA’s wellbeing after the race? I think the jockey said he wasn’t right when he pulled up and I thought he looked a little sore. Hope he’s ok and all four legs are in good nick.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Weapon’s Amnesty has been touted as a potential Gold Cup horse next season and I’ve heard one quote of 10/1. In my opinion, I think that’s terrible value and would be very surprised to see him progress to that level, likable as he is. He clearly likes Cheltenham and stays very well,

but I’d be more interested in Burton Port as a novice stepping up next season and challenging in that sphere.

Best prices for novice chasers in 2011 Gold Cup:

WEAPON’S AMNESTY 12/1
    PUNCHESTOWNS 16/1
    BURTON PORT 20/1
    LONG RUN 20/1
    DIAMOND HARRY 25/1
    PANDORAMA 25/1
    SOMERSBY 25/1
    WEIRD AL 25/1

I think Burton Port will emerge as the leading second season candidate. He jumps soundly and stayed on really well up the hill. Connections will surely have him ridden with more confidence next season.

He clearly goes to Aintree with a big chance in the Mildmay Novices’ Chase.

:wink: :D 8) :D :wink:

Next stop – Newbury.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5473

Burton Port will never reverse form with a fully fit Weapon’s Amnesty over around Cheltenham. 8) (imo :wink: )

Viewing 13 posts - 541 through 553 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.