The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Royal Ascot..

Home Forums Horse Racing Royal Ascot..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    heffo
    • Total Posts 319

As one of those not fortunate enough to be in attendance at Royal Ascot today I’m not too impressed with the channel choice.<br>Nothing to do with pundits or presenters the way I see it is…..<br>BBC means some gobsh1te looking at womens hats………………AAAAAAAAAAARRGH.

ATR,  more advertisments than the QVC channel.

Please Ascot switch to RUK quick.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Totally agree

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Well Heffo if you want to bet in running def use BBC, James the viper needs a good slap

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

As one of those not fortunate enough to be able to watch Royal Ascot today at all, why don’t you F*** OFF:biggrin:

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Ooooops…….sorry davidbrady……lol.

DolusDolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

If you are fortunate to have surround sound then it’s the BBC (broadcast in stereo) for the earlier races for that added ambience, just hope a plane or helicopter flies over for that extra treat. : :biggrin:

Then its plain vanilla mono for the later ones on ATR

(Edited by Dolus at 3:03 pm on June 19, 2007)

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

ATR is fine, the adverts don’t bug me but i wish they’d put a button on the remote that just eliminates mccrirrick – oh, and another one for thommo

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

sberry I don’t mind ATR  it’s coverage is quiet good.<br>But tonight I’m going to have a compulsion to remortgage the house and switch car insurance….. :biggrin:

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I’d rather watch any coverage than ATR to be honest. I’ll only watch that when there is absolutely no other choice.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

just so you can sit on a tractor lawnmower to cut the grass on your postage stam lawn :biggrin:

those poor bookies, it’s hot and sweaty weather anyway, the first 2 jollies have romped home, cockney and george next, they must be melting and twitching  :biggrin:

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

If Dutch Art stays today he will beat Cockney Rebel, i know it may be silly to doubt his stamina after finishing 3rd in a guineas but he has so much speed and he would of been a near odds on shot in the Jersey tomorrow.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I think Cockney Rebel will get turned over as well.

This James guy is sickenning.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

One day someone at the BBC will realise that Horse Racing coverage and Fashion coverage don’t mix. That fella doing the fashion on the BBC is living proof that testosterone is in short supply; makes Graham Norton look like Attilla the Hun. He wants a good kicking.<br>They should have a separate show on another channel (they’ve got enough) just for the fashion.

(Edited by insomniac at 3:38 pm on June 19, 2007)

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

I think the rebel may have to take this one on from the front if he wants to run the finish out of dutch art cos i dont see anyone else doing it. problem is that kind of sets it up for the O’brien horses. I think Cockney Rebel is the best horse in the race, i just think he’ll struggle if its run how i think it will be. we shall see…

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Willie also has to go imo, For a man involved with horses for so long he is completely clueless and the silliest talking little man with Ricard Pitman in racing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.