ROYAL ASCOT – COVENTRY STAKES

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2015 ROYAL ASCOT – COVENTRY STAKES

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Well done Buratino backers. Clearly the fact he hadn’t posted a speed figure of note was irrelevant.

Feel sick myself- backed Air Force Blue had 50 on it at 8-1, thought it was going to win just couldn’t cope with the turn of foot of the winner. Got a feeling this is going to be a long week.

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Incidentally I think the second is the bigger and scopier of the two- although I certainly don’t think it will win the guineas, as it’s quite speedily bred. Could be a commonwealth cup horse for next season.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21092

Well done Joe and TAPK.
    I did him in my each/way bingo just need something to land with it.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5740

Thanks, Nathan. Nice to see him deliver what he looked capable of at Epsom. Switched off nicely and still showed that very impressive acceleration. Be interesting to see how he develops and what his ideal trip turns out to be

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Well done to everyone on Buratino. The horse is clearly thriving on quick ground at 6f.

You know it’s a funny old thing, form. Round Two flops and Buratino bolts in, therefore enhancing the claims of Steady Pace and throwing out Washington DC. Just a couple of hours later however, the whole picture is turned on its head. No one had any hiding places or excuses out there, although one clearly ran below form.

Right off Round Two at your peril. What we saw today was not his true running. 25/1 is still freely available for next years Guineas winner, I’m not swaying…..

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Well done to everyone on Buratino. The horse is clearly thriving on quick ground at 6f.

You know it’s a funny old thing, form. Round Two flops and Buratino bolts in, therefore enhancing the claims of Steady Pace and throwing out Washington DC. Just a couple of hours later however, the whole picture is turned on its head. No one had any hiding places or excuses out there, although one clearly ran below form.

Right off Round Two at your peril. What we saw today was not his true running. 25/1 is still freely available for next years Guineas winner, I’m not swaying…..

:yahoo: :yahoo: It was a couple of years ago I was singing a horses praises after winning todays race Boz,his name escapes me but he like I said did go on to win the 2000 gns….I wont write yo horse off after 1 bad run though.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bozlike wrote:</div>

:yahoo: :yahoo: It was a couple of years ago I was singing a horses praises after winning todays race Boz,his name escapes me but he like I said did go on to win the 2000 gns….I wont write yo horse off after 1 bad run though.

Funny that Gord, I don’t recall you saying :scratch: It would seem like you would’ve mentioned something like that…..

Anywho Gord your faith will be rewarded. My Coventry/Guineas double is out the window but that was small potatoes compared to my Newmarket wagers. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel, we’re playing the long game and I haven’t lost a shred of belief in my lad B-)

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

seethesun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 113

Question for the historians. Has a horse even won the Coventry on debut ?

I have a friend of a friend who is linked to Margeson yard as a former owner. Apparently, his horse Any Guest who is yet to run is meant to be extremely useful.

Margeson has told him to back it each way for 2016 Guineas and is comfortably the best horse he has had.

Highly unlikely it can win this on debut, but this horse is the apple of his eye by all accounts.

Thought I would bump this up as this horse finally makes its debut today in the 3.20 at Ascot.

It has been entered about 4/5 times since the Coventry and pulled out on each occasion. Clearly the trainer is taking his time with this fella.

He opened up at 20s last night B-) now down to 8/1.

Margeson is adamant this horse is the best he has had.

Blue1878
    Participant
    • Total Posts 182

I watched the debut and it never had a completely clear run, nor was it unduly hard ridden naturally first time out.
    Any feedback from your friend since ?, it obviously showed something prior to go off reasonably short for a Margusson juvenile at Ascot.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The Ante-Post King wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bozlike wrote:</div>

Funny that Gord, I don’t recall you saying :scratch: It would seem like you would’ve mentioned something like that…..

Anywho Gord your faith will be rewarded. My Coventry/Guineas double is out the window but that was small potatoes compared to my Newmarket wagers. That’s the light at the end of the tunnel, we’re playing the long game and I haven’t lost a shred of belief in my lad B-)

Jim Bolger has said Round Two has been very quiet since his Royal Ascot run. Reading between the lines it sounded like it might be a while before we see him again.

The horse has a very similar profile to Birchwood, who won his first two, then had a blip. Richard Fahey’s horse bounced back and it will be interesting to see where Round Two goes next and how he gets on.

Sometimes these early season ones don’t go on, in fact Dawn Approach was the exception, rather than the rule. Right now I think Sanus Per Aquam looks the more likely Bolger horse to make a good 3yo and I have a feeling of another Trading Leather about him at the moment. Anyone offering early Irish Derby 2016 odds yet? B-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21092

nathbet with offer you evens Steve for the Irish Derby and before you call me a tight wad I’m going 11/2 Golden Horn for the Leger that’s half a point bigger than what dumbbet are offering…..

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    phil38phil38
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

ha did anyone see those young lads 18/19 in blue suits the other day at ascot, they could barely stand, wish i was that young again

Big sports man bigger betting man
    friend me at www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009790890756
    copy and follow my betting at www.betfect.com

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.