The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rosemary Stakes 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Rosemary Stakes 2020

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

A listed fillies race, not one of the more exciting ones for most people especially with some nice looking 2yo races, but it’s the type of race i like a bet in.

*Just realised i missed the actual favourite…RP had her down as SP..440days off the track, the ground >hould suit her and shes unexposed, but how anyone could back her off that layoff is beyond me!
    Running through the market, Bounce The Blues has moved from Ireland Feane > Balding. She’s clearly progressive and brings a reasonable level of Irish form over to England. She ran a fine race on her UK debut and shaped like a mile will be all good for her. She’s the rightful favourite in my eyes but with her listed penalty she needs the mile bring about a few pounds more improvement.
    Cloak of Spirits has been highly tried and looked a decent 2yo filly, she hasn’t progressed and for me is worth opposing. I will be disappointed if she wins this.
    Bizzi Lizzi is very interesting, pedigree to die for and from a trainer who knows a good filly. Rated 84, the fact he comes here is very telling indeed. None of her form is worth screaming about, so at 13/2 or whatever available now, is really tight and a lot of trust is in Gosden.
    Romola ran badly last time, and i suppose on her form before that you could give her a shout however, i’d hope again she’s beatable.
    I’m interested to see Rhea come back here, she looked a nice 2yo and Ryan has said she is working well.
    The one i think is interesting, and probably not one that looks too obvious, so hopefully a nice price is attainable is Arriviste. She’s a pretty keen racer + has been upped to 1m2 and 1m2 1/2 on her last three runs. Once a nk beaten by Award Scheme, a fair filly. Next time she was beaten 5l by Raabihah, who is 16/1 for the Arc. The third that day finished close to Tawkeel next time out. Her most recent run she was prominent, and then went to the front before not finishing off her race.
    I think the way she races dropping back to a mile will suit her a lot. She’s keen and enjoys racing prominently. Her rating of 97 actually leaves her close to the favourite as she carries the penalty. I see room for improvement in both, but at 18/1 she’s the bet for me. As one bookie is only priced i’ll hold fire for bigger!

:good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Well i didn’t expect Cloak of Spirits to be in so short, i suppose she has a level of form. Just don’t see her being progressive.

Bounce the Blues has had some money as well, and i do think she’ll run a cracker. One minor concern is Feane her previous trainer did say she could drop back to 6f, as she’s very fast.

Arriviste has been tipped up by Holding as is being supported quite nicely. Not sure on softer ground for her but hopefully she’ll handle it.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7582

I’m hoping that the return to 1m will benefit First Kingdom, she looked decent
    enough winning at Kempton and Haydock before being upped to 10f the last
    twice where she ran well but didn’t see it out.

First Kingdom 33/1 4 places Bet365 (or 28/1 5 places William Hill)

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

I didn’t even touch on her really, but i can see the angle, fairly similar to Arriviste’s back down in trip.

Varian says his filly doesn’t want much rain and i doubt the Haggas first string does either with the layoff. So hopefully we can get a finish in the money at least!
    Izzi Top handled softer fine, so Bizzi Lizzi is a danger i fear given connections.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.